Bank holiday - what's happening in the north

26 Posts | Latest reply on 27/05/2013 18:37:24 by centurion | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

I've just realised next weekend is a bank holiday.

Anybody fancy a ride about somewhere provided the weather ain't too rubbish?

centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Busy on the saturday (lending 'support' to GF on her trial bike lesson) but I'm free for the rest of the weekend, be good to get out for a spin with ya again, you normally plan things on weekends I've already made plans for! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

we got shutdown am off for 10days woooohoooo Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Squires Cafe Bar, LEEDS Spring Bike Show that weekend also autojumble on the Saturday 25th.  Post code: LS25   Calendar Link: http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3195   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3930   25th May: ride out, from Squires, to 40 years of Action' music event at the Leeds Sports and Social club. Post code:  LS12 1HH   Calendar Link: http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3894                                                                                                                                                                                       
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Thanks, but I spotted that one Sandi.
I'm not a big fan of Squire, it's a boring ride down (and back) from Durham.
I was thinking more along the lines of a ride round the Dales, North Yorks, Northumberland or the Lakes.
Possibly not the Lakes cos the roads will be clogged with traffic.
centurion's Profile
centurion

All of those sound good and I know what you mean about Squires, the roads to The Manor Cafe or The Hartside Cafe are far more interesting Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Howsabout Tan Hill on Monday?                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

That would be a good ride XK.
Who else is interested?
Loads of good routes to and from the place, and it' a while since I've been there.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Sounds good, been up there a few times already this year but like you say there's plenty of good routes up there. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

tan hill via france                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

what Satnav system are you using? Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

got me dates mixed up was convinced bank holiday was 1st week in june been trying to up date the sat nav but think iv bu.....d it up                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

bumping up                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Thanks RB

It's all going to depend on the weather but I wouldn't mind getting out somewhere on Saturday as well as a Tan Hill on Monday.

I'll post what and where on here for anyone that wants to tag along.

havfun's Profile
havfun

bump                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

OK well the plan is....

Dunno yet. In other words I need to ask SWMBO what I want to do LOL

But the weather is looking ace so we plan to be out somewhere on the bikes.

The Lakes will be full of people, ditto the coast. That leaves the Dales, North Yorks or Northumberland (pootle, pootle or thrash)

I'll update in the morning as to where we're going / meet up etc for anyone interested.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

North it is. A68, carter bar, hawick, a7 ish. might do hermatige castle. if you see a black tiger and white diversion feel free to join in.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Well we didn't see much of anyone else once we got past Carter Bar, Northumberland and the Borders pretty much deserted.
Just Lindsey, me, sunshine and about 120 miles of empty tarmac through some of the pretties scenery I can think of.

Sunday we're off for a ride in the traffic. Meeting up with a few friends at Scotch Corner services at 10:30. The initial plan is to go to Patley Bridge so lot's of opportunities to sit behind caravans and overtake things.

Come along if you fancy. It's not my run though so don't hold me responsible for route, velocity or the chaos when everyone gets split up in traffic.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

And the weather is looking shite for Monday so the Tan Hill thing might not include me!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Weather should hold til late pm, so I'll be at Tan Hill for an early lunch.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 941 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption