honda cbf 600

6 Posts | Latest reply on 06/05/2013 23:46:24 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
fantasia's Profile
fantasia

In: Halifax
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

anyone got any suggestions. sensible ones please.:-( my bike broke down about 4 miles from setting of from bum in mud rally. symtems. horrible banging noise came from engine then cutting out. when it cools down it starts up again. No not short of oil.and never has been. Since as a precaution had oil changed and filter. Incase 'Someone' has messed with it. it is being looked at by mechanic tgat knows its history of being looked after and well maitained and not thrashed. Is scratching his head.???
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

how many miles has it done? What you describe unfortunately sounds like a big end bearing gone. Lots of work or another engine. Hopefully i'm wrong.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

As in the 'servicing' post,sounds just like my old CBX550-that was the crank middle bearing which went due to a combination of a leak from the oil cooler and general abuse by me and a previous owner-me doing 130 on it on the M1 and the previous owner using loads too much instant gasket which made its way to the oil pump strainer.Hope I'm wrong but I would start ringing breakers to price up a new engine.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I don't mean to be funny chaps, but its difficult to diagnose an engine problem via text or over the phone making noises.  So to say that the engine has blown/had it may not actually be the problem?  We need to know more before a conclusion.

Fantisa, can you give anymore information?

i.e, did the engine start misfiring before the 'banging' noise, or just after?

When you restarted the engine was there still a 'banging' noise coming from the engine or was it quieter, and did it run okay or rough still?

Did someone service it before you had the problem, and perhaps not affixed something back correctly.

Has the mechanic looked at the electrical side of things as well as the mechanical side.

It's difficult to assess what is wrong with an engine/motor via a forum, and while we can all help out (which I'm sure we will do), it needs someone to logically look at everything, top to bottom as it could be another cause as well ?

Can you list everything that the mechanic has looked at/dismissed as the problem, as may help narrow something down?
suzook12's Profile
suzook12

In: Kings Lynn

As posted in servicing thread, sounds to me like crank has gone causing low oil pressure and starting to seize. Probable cause, blocked oil strainer in sump                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Any news on this bike ?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 987 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption