Interesting forum !!!

32 Posts | Latest reply on 28/04/2013 13:06:57 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Interesting discussion entitled: 
"Why don't they just accept that motorbikes are deathtraps and campaign against people riding them?"@
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable

Sorry, I don't know how to make the link live on this - Sandi - Heeeelp pleeeeease!!! ('cos you're so good at this!)

A sweeping generalisation or what? Having said that it is a balanced thread with comments so far! See what you think peeps!

allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

One hell of a sweeping statement there.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

try cut & pasting the link into your browser Alison and read the thread - it's livened up a friday night!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hmmmm, Mumsnet.....isn't that that horrible cliquey gossipy website that Ive heard many people publicly complain about???? Cheers for the link PB but I won't be reading it, its bound to wind me up no end especially if its on a site like that Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes, that's the one luluWink

But actually - it's brought all the biker gals out en masse, so it's proving to be a well balanced argument/thread! The original poster is diminishing by the minute!

In defence of mumsnet, they do a lot of good stuff too, like supporting charity/fundraising etc! But it only takes one (talentless and vacuous)  whingebag like Amanda Holden who whined when she temporarily became centre of attention on that site , to create bias.

It's good to see both sides.
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

what a bunch of sanctamonious morons!!!!!!!!! and what a total load of feckin twaddle.wouldnt mind if they knew what they were talkin about !!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

Makes me feel real naffed off....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ooops - !! Someone put their foot in it !                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

www.mum...reasonable                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

What a load of cobblers some of 'em talk   Does the author know that most accidents involving motorbikes are caused by CAR drivers?!        PML @ their acronym list, 3rd one down, I've never heard of that.   Someone should tell them that BUMP is an acronym, it means Bringing Up My Post                                                                                                                                                                                
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

unfortunatly i couldnt help myself i had to register and tell them what a bunch of sanctamonious morons they were and to mind their own business.i read the posts and jesus if the feckin idiot had been stood in front of me i would have twatted her big style.they are talking about a subject they know nothing about nor will they ever know anything about!!!! what made me laugh was the one that said her kids would only ever ride a bike over her cold dead body pmsl well we can arrange that LOLLOLLOL
total morons!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for the link Sandi .x.Emoticon                                                                                                                                                                              
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

The more I read the more naffed off it makes me....
Aren't there some small minded folk out there really... Faceless in a helmet.. My god!!                                                                                                                                                                              
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

Also the statement about bikers not keeping to the speed limit... They obviously haven't been stuck behind me tootling along on my bike at just below the speed limit!! Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Haven't this lot got better things to do,nappies to change etc.Typical Mumsnet sh*te!

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Wow. Who said gross prejudice and stupidness are dead!!!!!!!!!

So let's make sure I get this right, all bikers ride dangerously, too fast, and filtering shouldn't be allowed cos cars can't. Not to mention that helmets are scary and you can't tell what sex we are in our protective gear. Oh yes and it is always our fault if an incident happens because the other party didn't see us because they don't think they need to use mirrors, indicators, spatial awareness or engage their brains!

Damn I should stop riding at or under the speed limit and being road aware, and saying thanks to those who nudge over for me and buy into the obviously fair and level headed thinking!

Next time a car driver cuts me up, tries to undertake, change lanes without looking or indicating, chucks a cig butt out of the window (again without looking) or decides to swerve to stop my legal filtering I will pull along side and profusely apologise for their actions, getting in their way and generally being annoying to their sensabilities and belief that their opinion is the only corrct one.

I knew i should have apologised to the woman driver who nearly took me out cos she was too busy reading paperwork, or the young lad who was having such an animated chat on his mobile phone that he didn't think it was important enough to have either hand on the wheel or go travel in a straight line (nearly hitting the coach on one side and the central reservation on the other) and obviously it was my fault that the male driver changed lanes without looking whilst shaving.

RB
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

I would add I have a clean driving licence for 26 years and not all drivers are numpties. I wouldn't generalise car drivers, cyclists, bikers or pedestrians as all dangerous idiots. In every area there are both sensible people and idiots.

However buying into governmental biased report is right up there on the numpty scale.

Its like the hiviz report saying it will save lives when an independent report stated that as soon as the brain recgonises the hi viz isn't police related it is no longer a visusal deterent and people immediatly ignore it. This process takes the brain less than a couple of seconds to carry out. Do I wear hi vis ....yes cos it makes me feel better and also the knowledge that no legal bod can blame me for not wearing it.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

ZZR I too signed up as I couldnt not make a comment. Not sure what you put in your first post as its been removed.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

You're welcome PB     The mumsnet site asks posters to keep their comments civil, or words to that effect, or their posts will be removed.   I wonder why the author's comments, about bikers, were accepted and not deleted.                                                                                                                                                                                 
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Hi Sandi , I've actually wasted a half hour reading all the posts and civil isn't a word that comes to mond re some of the posters.

I have had a reply to what I posted trying to make it all about vulnerability. I have felt the need to point out that wasn't what the original post was and nor were comments about the general misconception that all bikers are loons. However I think when it comes to this kind of blinkered narrow minded prejudice there is sadly never going to be a break through

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 545 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption