What to do with an old helmet?

22 Posts | Latest reply on 01/05/2013 11:19:23 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

What can I do with my old lid and jacket?
The helmets a shoei flip front with a few scratches and stinks to the extent it's no longer fit for human habitation.
The jacket is a alpinestar waterproof textile. Only it ain't that waterproof anymore, after about 2 hours of heavy rain the elbows leak. Why the elbows? God only knows.
It seems a shame to put them in the bin so I'm open to suggestions however bizarre LOL

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Plant some primroses in the helmet and put the jacket on a scarecrow lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Regarding the helmet, you could always remove all the internal gribbins and turn it into a small novel drinks caddy?!

Jacket - Flatten it out and affix it to your front porch, with a sign that says  "cold call salespersons absolutely not accepted - your stood on the last person that tried"

Just a thought??!! TongueLOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Maybe my Resus Annie could have them - after all she is effectively dead anyway - so it doesnt have to be in the best nik !! I'm sure she'd fit the jacket too !! Clap  Ooh I'd love to strap her on the back of me bike !!  Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

That sounds like a good idea gbc.
<thnks> kindly soul goes to help Resus Annie, lift the front of the lid, takes one sniff and thinks "sod helping bikers, I always knew they was a smelly lot".
Only thing you need to plan now gbc is a way of getting lid and jacket to Annie Thumbs Up

MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon

If you have a school near you do what I did and donate it to the art department. Always good to have something different for the students to draw....:) just a thought.                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Your local ambulance trust/Red Cross/St John's may well take the helmet as I gather they're always looking for old lids to train crews in the best way of removing them from an injured biker - or even Resus Annie. Phil on BM can probably advise, as it was he who told me about it.
 But I like the idea of hanging baskets and art projects as wellLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ahhh good post Steve H... this is giving me ideas for my old lid tooo Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
OMNF's Profile
OMNF

In: Worksop

A friend of mine frosted the clear visor on hers took all the liners out then put a light in and used it as a novel lamp in her bar. Looked really good :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton

Drop your kit into one of the HD Dealerships they are collecting for the emergency services to use the gear as Training Devices, i.e. for safe removal from the casualty.

The only proviso is that the helmet needs to have a chin strap working.

I dropped mine into Stratstone HD in Birmingham as they have a couple of special collection boxes set up, one for clothes and one for helmets.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

StarI could mosaic it and turn it into a wild piece of art!Star

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

What a fantastic idea PB, i bet that would look awesome, especially with your artistic skills.....Thumbs Up xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Awww Jen, you are too kind!!!Embarrassed

...it would be good fun tho'!

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

shame me old shoei rf200 is no longer wearable....nice mosaic outside...very romanesque..@PB                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

They make good hanging baskets                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Would it be big enough as a piss pot on a boat ? !!Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no regs about putting 2 together and using them as a bra....Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bill...wouldn't it be easier to just go BUY a bra????

At least that way you'd get the right size.........

which is verrrrry  important  y'know!!!

Emoticon                                                                                                                                                                              
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

A good bra is a bit like a sheep dog.... rounds them up and points them in the right direction.... lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I dont know PB, I would like to meet the lady who could fill a helmet with her....erm assetts. lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 598 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption