Idiots on Road.....again

12 Posts | Latest reply on 26/08/2007 00:56:13 by rubecula | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Why do people insist on riding their bikes in next to nothing.....   Today, as I travelled back from a ride out I passed a plank who thought it was a good idea to ride in NOTHING but a pair of jeans and trainers....WHY to people have so little respect for themselves.   Yes it is dam hot out there today and I think i lost about half a stone thru gettin rather hot but surely it doesn't matter if you have been riding since the wheel was invented or only a matter of weeks - you should never take the piss when it comes to your on safety....   Right - so rant over...lol                                                                                                                                                                             
cbrbabe's Profile
cbrbabe

In: Bedfordshire

I totally agree Louby, I was a nurse many years ago before affordable protective bike clothing was easily available. I spent many an hour then litterally scrubbing gravel out of peolples backsides and other places. I dont think the proceedure has changed that much as we did have to use a scrubbing brush...very very painful, and thats if the person survived. Nowadays there is no excuse for not wearing the right gear, ebay if you can afford new. Good clothing should come in the same catagory as good brakes, chain (if you have one) and tyres. AND AS FOR WEARING FLIP FLOPS!!!!! saw that today!                                                                                                                                                                             
Mr Shaggy's Profile
Mr Shaggy

In: hampshire

all you have to think is.........   30 mph after 5 yards you are down to the bone.   sobering thought really init.     having seen the results of this it is not a good sight, and bloody painfull.   Mr Shaggy   also horizontal cornering is not reccomended !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

I was an idiot who rode in a t-shirt and jeans on the hottest day of the year. One diesel patch on a local roundabout cured me of that... Now I always use a lightweight leather jacket at the very least for urban commuting, and something more substantial for longer distance (and faster) runs, regardless of weather. The nurse who administered the anti-tetanus jab said I had come within a whisker of needing a skin graft on my elbow and yes, Mr Shaggy, twas bloody painful!   Thinking alone the same lines, why is it that scooterists often think they can get away with a light waterproof over their workclothes? In city streets there's not that much difference in overall speeds between a Fireblade and a Vespa, and once you're sliding along the floor it doesn't make the slightest difference what you were riding a quarter of a second ago. Yet you can guarantee that 99 per cent of the time the Fireblade rider will be armour plated in a way the Vespa rider isn't.   First bike I ever rode in this country was a Lambretta 150. It was 25 years or more before I got on a scooter again...nuff said!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

scooterists ( or as I was told bikers call um the other day....Vermin....).... now theres another subject...   Where in the CBT training does it tell ya it is OK to rag it down the road with your Maccie D's milkshake in one hand as long as you can grip for grim death with the other.....   Am I gettin old or is that madness...                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

u shud see them here! Theyre allowed to ride with no helmet, AND on the cycle tracks (Which are like walkways through parks etc).  They drive like idiots.  Ban them all!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

I said the first bike I rode in thios country was a Lambretta. First bike ever was a broemfitse in holland on a schools exchange visit when I was 15. Makes my blood run cold with hindsight - but it's summat different for a brit biker to say, anyway                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

I said the first bike I rode in thios country was a Lambretta. First bike ever was a broemfitse in holland on a schools exchange visit when I was 15. Makes my blood run cold with hindsight - but it's summat different for a brit biker to say, anyway                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

mmm...double posting. isn't that kwak's disease?                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

mostly dare i say it Harley riders here in Weymouth plus the scooters of course!! someone says wearin a large white shirt over your jacket can reflect heat an keep yu a bit cooler!!least thats what they do in really hot countrys so i bin told!may look good on looby loo!!think i will jus sweat!spose a white open face helmet would help an all!look like a pest controller! 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Driving thro Aberdeen on Friday saw a numpty on a big growler,
he seemed well enough protected but his pillion wore jelly shoes,rara skirt and boob tube.

Shes gonna look sooo cool sliding down the tarmac!

Dont know who deserved the biggest slap.Angry

rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

Yeah,  My mate did a howler like that.  He rides an R1, but he uses a twist and go scoot for getting to work.  We had a BBQ there he came on the scoot and let the lad have a go around the airfield on it.  When they looked like they were getting a bit too drunk, he took it off them to take it home.  He fell off on the bridge.  Wearing flip flops and a pair of shorts with an open face helmet................  It happens guys and gals.  WEAR THE GEAR   Quite artistic scabs all over him by the way and he isn't as sore as as he was, now it just hurts a lot.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 1598 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption