Would you like to Simplify your life

24 Posts | Latest reply on 25/03/2013 01:20:58 by akceller8 | Go to original / last post
akceller8's Profile
akceller8

In: Folkestone
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It's not always about not having children, often the elders of the family become the dependents.

Due to unfortunate events 2 years ago I inherited 1.5 houses and then I got made redundant. Fortunately the redundancy payment paid off my own mortgage and I qualified for my pension. To simplify my life I rented out my 3 houses and moved back into my parents house.

The result is I have a steady income with minimal work and lots of time for travelling, but have some limits as I have an obligation to care for my Grandma when my parents are away travelling, usually May-October.                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

sorry AK didn't mean to exclude carers who look after elderly relatives....but you got the drift of what I meant.                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

akceller8.....You are in a very fortunate position not having to work much, if at all. Most of us will be very envious of you Smile  Looking after the elderly can also be a good experience, as they have so many memories to pass on.                                                                                                                                                                              
akceller8's Profile
akceller8

In: Folkestone

I have landed on my feet, but i'd give it all up to have my sister back and likewise I don't look forward to losing my grandma, despite the responsibilities, at 92 she's still pretty independent but it won't last for ever.

Kwakgirl, I did get your drift and thought i had it better planned than you as had avoided children to leave me free from responsibility, but was just pointing out that sometimes responsibility sneaks up on you. I never thought I'd be the one looking after my grandma now, but its made me realise that even when she goes I'll still have my parents to look after too.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2656 seconds. There are 692 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption