Gantry Speed camera News

12 Posts | Latest reply on 10/03/2013 22:40:14 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Hi All

Just to make you aware that the English motorway gantry cameras such as you find on M25 are now live Censored. In one of the clubs I'm in there is a member who works on these units so thought let yer know.

They are set on the same units the electronic speed signs are so if it says 40 instead of 60/70 then you will get done for going over the 40.  When the speed restriction is removed it will change back to the speed indicated for that section of road.  So you would get done for 80 in a 70 or what have you.

Also if someone is found to be speeding two pics are taken one of the rear of the vehicle and one of it passing the speed limit sign.  That is to say for example you go through at 50 in a restricted 40 then it will show you, your reg plate and a huge sign saying 40

His final comment was these are live and don't think otherwise despite media comments it's not worth it.  They couldn't switch it on until the units were updated and permission was given to use them until now.

So you've been warned Thumbs Up

Oh this was me passing on what I know not about if it's fair or not... I don't live in England so no comment LOL

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

err...these have been live for a number of years!!                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

not for enforcement best they could do is count traffic

Because the variable speed limits such as M25 they could not show that the the signs were correctly displaying at the time of the offence (regardless of the limit itself).

So any enforcement could not be proved by the prosecution that an offence had been committed so would not be taken to court.  Also there was never full permission to use some of the older equipment so had to be changed to conform to guidelines.

Mind these are the gantry cameras talking about not roadside/other

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/9740880/M25-not-a-single-motorist-caught-by-speed-cameras-in-a-year.html

MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon

So will the lorries actually get done coz they NEVER go through at the speed limits stated??!!   Just grates me when they state a lower limit due to, for example, queue ahead, then there's no queue.  Grrr.  No wonder people don't stick to it....   But thanks for the info!                                                                                                                                                                             
MjN's Profile
MjN

:/                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

There have also been reports of "illegal" fonts being used on sinage on the M42 and other motorways Angry   The signs have now been "approved" by the Ministry but legal challenges may now be made, to prosecutions made under the reign of the signs, prior to their homologation Thumbs Up   It's worth checking out if you've been prosecuted for speeding on one of these motorways, which were deploying "illegal" signs Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

all i can say is Censored to the self titled rulers of this land..........   who the Censored are they to tell me what or how to live my life...... Angry and who asked me if i want bus lanes for a start.... LOL   and when did this all happen ... and why do we all just put up with it and conform to their "rules"....   anarchy for the UK Wink Thumbs Up - it could work... if only peeps actually cared for each other instead of being in competition with each other....   here endeth my spppeeeeeeeeellll Party... pmsl                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Suzix your gorgeous when your angry                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

You ride a Harley you'll never get done for speeding so why worry Suzi LOL

Are you allowed tractors on motorways

I'm away to hide Clown

MjN's Profile
MjN

I see why you are named "MADscots"  lol.  You still hiding?!?!  :D                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

Ach I'm ok Suzi doesn't know where Scotland is LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IVE JUST FOUND YOU   YES CAPS ............... PMSL   ffs can i swear on here or will i get banned... dont care if i do now..... kicd cidk dikc dic............   yup and another thing Censored R                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 774 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption