A very lucky lady!

11 Posts | Latest reply on 10/03/2013 22:54:02 by drobess | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/mar/03/india-biker-escapes-truck-video                                                                                                                                                                              
Harley_Rider's Profile
Harley_Rider

In: Stoney Stanton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have to ask the question... you have a motorbike jammed under your front wheels and you don't notice???   Scary!!                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

http://www.guardian.co.uk/wor...ruck-video     The truck window does seem pretty high up, maybe the driver didn't see the rider? Also there are far more bikes on the roads over there so maybe other road users take bike riders for granted and genuinely don't 'see them'?   Notice how the rider was still in the saddle for most of the time, she didn't part company with her bike until it went underneath the front of the truck? She was extremely lucky to get up from that collison, never mind run after the truck.                                                                                                                                                                               
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Bloody hell! She was lucky the bike pushed her out of the way.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

HR the bike wasnt under the wheel it was jamed under the front but trust me you can hit a car and feel no more than a small bump and think it was a drain cover. As said she was lucky but next time she may look before turning                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

i got rear ended by a lorry in london and he had absolutely no idea that i was there. it pushed my back wheel out but luckily i accelerated away from him. he knew all about it when i stopped him and had a friendly chat though.                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

JP is the only one so far Approve    To point out that SHE turned ACROSS the path of the truck Disapprove   She is indeed a very lucky lady Shocked   Maybe she WILL look Ermm    Before she tries that maneuvre again Wacko                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

I'm not the only lgv driver on this site but even with 6 mirrors there are still blind spots front n/s corner is worst. Something I have said before when your on a roundabout and you see an lgv coming up to the line look to see if you see the driver you can be unseen behind the mirrors on trucks. Also when filtering if you can't see the driver in his or her mirror WE CANT SEE YOU
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Oh my days, I cannot believe she actually got up off the floor and ran! One lucky lady!                                                                                                                                                                             
MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon

Chuffing nora!  What a div for turning across the front of a lorry like that!  Even I wouldn't do that....:O   And it's not just lgvs with silly blindspots - the berlingo van is chuffing ridiculous for nearside vision....:(                                                                                                                                                                                 
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Ouch..........but why would you go right infront of a lorry??                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4883 seconds. There are 677 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption