Secure Parking in Buxton

11 Posts | Latest reply on 16/03/2013 18:15:09 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

MAG secures bike parking in Buxton!   http://www.mag-uk.org/en/newsdetail/a7119                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Just in case this news item is removed from their website at a later date...   Three new secure bike parking sites are to be provided for riders in Buxton, the heart of the beautiful Peak District. Derbyshire County Council have announced that hoops will be in place within the month on 'The Viaduct' near the main shopping precinct.   They've also confirmed that a site on The Crescent, at the other end of the shopping area is to be similarly equipped and a drop kerb and secure installations are to go in at the Train station too.   This is great news and is the essence of what local MAG activists can achieve.   Commenting on the 16 month campaign and negotiation, Sean Buckley, the rep for Peak and District MAG said:   " I am delighted that Derbyshire County Council have taken such an enlightened view of motorcycling. Buxton is at the centre of some beautiful countryside and visiting riders can add so much to the commerce of the town when parking is made convenient."   Sean added "the best news is that negotiations have led to the County Council to confirm that the parking for bikes will be absolutely free."                                                                                                                                                                                   
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

I wonder if we'll get the same at Matlock Bath?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

it can stay as it is at matlock (aka matlock bath) Wink coz its jus perfect as it is..............   so long as they dont start to try an charge for parkin on the road we will all be jus fine and dandy Big smile ....... not heard much about that lately   this is good at buxton tho as there is very little .. umm i think space for 2 bikes currently in the pa and display pmsl ....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Always nice to know but as Buxton's on my doorstep i invariably just ride round/through town on my way to somewhere else...Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Someone's posted on FB that the council have dropped the proposed charges for bike parking in Matlock Bath. Result!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

That's great news Wills Thumbs Up   If it is in fact true Ermm   Maybe the petition plus the pressure from traders did the trick Wink   No doubt we shall see Smile    As the season swings into gear Approve                                                                                                                                                                               
Fatbob16's Profile
Fatbob16

In: Buckley
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Think it's a big run out to Matlock Bath soon then guys n gals, get it sorted Em there's a good lad lol :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yep there is an ice cream wi my name on it Wink........   and a hot choccie with loads squirty cream on top wi my name on tooo LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Fatbob16's Profile
Fatbob16

In: Buckley
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Greedy girl suz, will get you one or the other............oh go on then ices and hot chockie are on me, we can eat em whilst the Harley's get acquainted lol :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hahahaha bandito Wink sounds good to meeeeeee..... hopefully the roads will be a bit cleaner after this rain... so long as no tiny bit of frost is forecast or they will be out with 50 gritters every half hour Wacko ffs lmao LOL   if i cna only have one it has to be hot choccie wi squirty on top yummooooo   so......... lets getto matlock peeps ...... Party                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 432 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption