Dent in the Dales 2

79 Posts | Latest reply on 14/04/2013 22:08:01 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Ah that's a thought XK, but we did do that last time.
Another option might be to head back up the Dale to Leyburn and then the Manor Cafe at Bellingham.
From there we can do a big route through Middleham, Masham, Pately Bridge etc or take an shorter route back depending on hangovers, weather and inclination.
There again Ribblehead is always good for a laugh.
So many great roads and so little time.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds good to meThumbs Up, although I prefer the Manor Cafe at BellerbyTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I can't argue with that.
I've changed my bike and my tent... so you know what not to look for. I hope you will find that helpful.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've got another tent too - glow-in-the-dark limegreenSick...just so you know what to look for.
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I've no idea what to look for at all - just bikers I suppose! There'd better be some of you there ahead of me. Hope to be there by 6.30 so please don't all ****** off to the pub as soon as you've pitched up!
'fraid I can't tell you what to look for as my tent's not arrived yet but it's supposed to be two-tone blue.
I've been told that the forecast is for warmer, hmmm, dare I believe that?
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Don't worry about the weather Izzy, we have XK in charge of that.
... <thinks>
... <thinks a bit more>
... Errr, is your new tent waterproof?

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Wouldn't it be nice to NEVER find out????                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Are you not bringing it, then?Ermm

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Sorry - - - do you mean from Scotland????

Besides, the boss said that's your job: "You're in charge of bringing the sunshine. Don't f*** it up ;-)"  :-)

Mind you, I will admit to being the fair-weather genie in my family so maybe between us we might pull it off - but you'll have to treat me like family, and you have NO IDEA how my family treat me!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Roo, me and my mate on pilly should be there mid afternoon, look forward to seeing you all there                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Izzy - I wos talkin 'bout yer 'waterproof' tent...

Maybe, it shud be 'Dizzy'LOL

I can't see me getting there much b 4 8oclock, so see u all in t'pub.Beer                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Doh!
Tent is out for delivery today and I'm certainly not going to be sleeping out in the open, whether it proves to be my 'waterproof' tent I'm sure the Dales weather will put to the test very soon. If it leaks it's going right back!
We'll keep a seat for you in the pub - how many pubs are there to chose from?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All new tents need to be 'proofed' before they can be really waterproof. Esp the seams.     A grand choice of two pubs; one is very good, and t'other is better!                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Sounds like an idyllic village to live in.

What do I do to proof the tent? - clock's ticking and I can't do cold AND wet Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Dent is a wonderful place, you'll love it. If you're coming in from  Sedbergh the campsite is on your left just as you reach the village.
If your coming from the other end it's the other way round.

To waterproof the tent the easiest thing is to get some spray-on stuff from a camping shop although I've found most modern tents are waterproof from the word go.

XK tends to use an antique canvas tent that was bought slightly used after the American Indian wars of 1787.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It'll still be standing after the Northern War of 2013!OuchDead                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Northern war XK ?....ooohh do tell......all ears smiley!!!!!!!

it wouldn't be the annual 

Would it???????

*=)) rolling on the floor

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's this weekend in Dent - bring your own pillowBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

I just brought another tent as i like tents,
How water proof a tent is measured by the term hydroscopic head,,   The one i brought has a 3000 hh as was bit cheaper than the one with 5000 although the same tent. the recomended h h for the UK is only 1500 so anything above that is fine,   Never had a new tent leak on me so dont think you will have any problems,,tell a lie i did once last year but i pitched it wrong.                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Pillow? I'm have trouble packing the essentials this time XK.
See you there for Beer                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 602 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption