Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

130 Posts | Latest reply on 23/07/2013 18:59:52 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

This event is being organised by sunseaandfun, contact him for further info of this event   Thanks for the calendar submission     http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3915                                                                                                                                                                               
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I'll already be further up North during this run so see ya as whizz past LOL

Hope weather is fab

max4fun2012's Profile
max4fun2012

In: glasgow
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

better take plenty midgey repelent....they wear tackicky boots up there.....lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W

Sunseaandfun's UPDATE to the calendar info on 5th Feb   Camping charges, change of postcode, addition of a telephone number    http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3915                                                                                                                                                                                 
sunseaandfun's Profile
sunseaandfun

In: Cuevas del Alman

As for the midges Ive talked with the campsite owner As we are about 3 miles from the Loch we will not be attacked by them                                                                                                                                                                               
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

A bit disappointed in the choice of campsite , I wanted to camp by loch Ness. I ain't gonner see Nessie from three miles away .
Dusty x p.s. Midges do not like , sun, breeze or indoors , they are very territorial and fly at only 2mph. If conditions are right , they come out at dawn and dusk. Use midge repellent or walk about ten/twenty feet away from them. They will not enter your tent . Dusty x
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

ive put meself down for this - does the campsite have to be booked or can i decide 2 days before as per my aversion to planning ahead ! Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Checked out the site on Google earth , looks ok , it's by the seaside . Mmm , beach party x                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

And a chance to see the dolphins!
Let's just hope there is a pub nearby Big smile
Good place to start a run round via Lochcarron and the Kyle too. Yeah bring it on Thumbs Up
In fact there is so much good stuff to do is it worth extending it by a day or two?

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I'm game for a longer stay . Dusty x                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London

I'm half up for this if money allows, so repeating what Kwakgirl said can the camp site be booked just before the weekend?                                                                                                                                                                             
fantasia's Profile
fantasia

In: Halifax

Iv been checking distance. 590 miles who else is setting of from down here. I no if your going ragnar. Itll be further for you. But i need at least a couple of days to get so far. Squires cafe is on way just of motor way. 215 miles. Would like to no who else is travelling same way. X
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

If I go Val I'll be looking at going up on the Thursday to near Lymm services and getting a B&B so I'm has fresh as a daisy and possibly the same on the way back. The travelodge at Lymm services is only £22 if booked now.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Lymm is still the neck end of 400 miles from Inverness.
I'm based in Durham and will be going up Friday.
Can I suggest you head up to get up the north east on Thursday to get the motorways out of the way. Travelodge at Scotch Corner.
We can then meet up Friday morning and we ride up together on the more entertaining roads. 
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

The reason i put Lymm is because there's a run going up from there.

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

OK.
If your heading up the west side side of the county look to get off the A74 at Lockerbie and onto the B7076, google street view and you'll see what I mean Wink
On the east you want the A68 (nr Darlington) or A697 (past Newcastle), not the A1 and further.
Both get better the further north you go, have less traffic than the A1.
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

I've emailed the campsite , so far no reply . But , there is a biker friendly site (cumberlands) at the southern end of the Loch . If all else fails .
Dusty x

wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

I would lurv to do this, depends on my knees if i can ride by then and if bike is sorted out, cashflow!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Fatbob16's Profile
Fatbob16

In: Buckley
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Have put down for this. Love Scotland and the run up through Glen Coe is awesome !
Just gotta get the thurs fri off now, mind you I mite be feeling sick by then lol.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 580 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption