Advice on finding a room to rent

18 Posts | Latest reply on 30/01/2013 09:18:50 by centurion | Go to original / last post
MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

What's the safest way of me to find a room to rent? I'm a little worried of finding things off of websites that I've never heard of before because knowing my luck I'd find the only psycho in the whole of Yorkshire to live with :(   I've only ever gone via agencies and moved in with a partner but that ain't gonna happen.....I'm bloody useless at this and am so worried of makig a mistake.   Any advice please???                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I know you can find rooms/flatshare on gumtree if thats any help                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

I've rented shared houses,both with friends or having been recommended by friends,always worked out ok,a mate rents my spare room from me,he's been here 16 years now!                                                                                                                                                                              
MjN's Profile
MjN

Thank you guys.  I'll look at gumtree see whats about.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

There's also http://www.spareroom.co.uk/   a specialized and free website that I'm using at the moment to try and find a place, its very user friendly and has a allot of places on its books, new ones being added daily Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I've got a spare room I want to rent out. I had similar misgivings about finding a tenant....shame kendal to Leeds is a tad too far to commute

That website sounds useful                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

or Kendal to Darlington for that matter!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

A66 in January? Can't beat if for a fab journey to work lol                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

both rightmove and prime location have shared houses to let as well...not many but might be worth a look.                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

In: Colne

I bought a caravan .... Perfect :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
GS1085's Profile
GS1085

In: Billericay

Caravans are great, and you can rent a static caravan a lot cheaper than a room. Plus you have privacy.

Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Exactly that GS. I bought a hobby caravan it's 30 ft long king size fixed bed its got a shower and full kitchen and all leather seating 7k some sites will let you put them there all year for £50 a week no council tax and its your own space. :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

hmmm i did that too for a year when i was younger - think id need a bit more security now tho. Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Intruder18's Profile
Intruder18

Security ...as in what kwakgirl ?? A big dog type or financially ??                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've got a spare room I could rent out ..... might be a bit of a commute from Dorset though                                                                                                                                                                              
MjN's Profile
MjN

Haha! Yeah Dorset might be a bit far but thanks for the offer!! Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

My advice,try and find a room or house share with folk who have the same interests as yourself, less chance of a clash then... A house share will give more room and security but needs more commitment from you.                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Agreed, I've just found a house share, moving in next Monday. The guy who's house it is actually listed motorcycles as one of his interests (and turns out he does have one) in his advert so when I went round to meet him we spent the whole 'interview' talking bikes, a good sign!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 624 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption