Video worth watching

10 Posts | Latest reply on 11/02/2013 21:56:25 by Ragnar | Go to original / last post
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just come across this and some of its advice surprised me so sharing it with you. http://www.bluelightaware.org.uk/                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Good info Andy Its surprizing that drivers hear or see them and just stop and block the road or get in your way when your trying to get out of there way. Only thing I would add is if there is a truck between you and the emergency vehical dont slow down, it takes a long time for them to clear a truck and thay will need somewhere to pull in after passing so keep going till there behind you.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I was enlightened, thanks Andy Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London

I've seen this film before and this is the sort of film that should be put on public tv.
I've taught a few emergency drivers to ride and this subject comes up a lot and what most of them hate are the drivers that do what they call "feeding them the island" is when a driver just passes an island and stops making the driver behind stop next to the island, blocking the road, now the emergency driver as to cross onto the other side of the road going towards on coming traffic. Their job is hard enough without bad drivers holding them up.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W

That's a great idea Raggy, I'm surprised they haven't done it, perhaps the costs of an advert are prohibitive, folk wouldn't want to be spending more on road tax, which they probably would have to, to help pay for the ad'.                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Well I think it should be included in the "test" questions Approve   ALL drivers and riders ought to be made aware of their responsibilities regarding the emergency services Thumbs Up   I've been "Blue Light Aware" for decades Geek   But I worked with many of the service personnel when I was instructing in the 80's Wink   Great post Andy Cool                                                                                                                                                                               
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I agree with Emzed, should be part of a test, and definately a subject that should be covered on lessons.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

As an HGV driver I was aware of all information in the vid, except one. I didn't realise ESV's weren't allowed to overtake on solid white lines, of course it is part of the highway code for other drivers, but I was under the impression ESV's could, where possible, overtake if it is safe.
However, I have found that ALL ESV's, including Police, will overtake if you give them enough safe space to pass without interfering with oncoming traffic, and in most cases will acknowledge your consideration one way or another.                                                                                                                                                                             
OMNF's Profile
OMNF

In: Worksop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubTiDCEVZ8 Here's another useful video to watch. Its quite hard hitting but please pass it around. People just don't see the dangers of using a mobile whilst driving.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London

Very powerful                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 614 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption