fork seals

10 Posts | Latest reply on 18/01/2013 09:28:47 by dougie | Go to original / last post
trucker09's Profile
trucker09

In: wolverhampton
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

any 1 recomend a good repair shop near or in wolverhampton where i could see an get my forkseals repired on a suzi gsx                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

you could do em yaself trucker?? buy orf ebay adn do with a mate who knows what doin if you dont?  i did me bandit ones with mate... tis easy if you got somwhere to hoist bike up or bike stand etc ??                                                                                                                                                                              
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

suzi i right. Get 'double lip' or 'leakproof' and a workshop manual, haynes will do. And do it with a mate. Is a relatively easy job, but you will need to lift the front wheel off the floor, either a stand or jack/block off wood under the engine but make sure it is stable. Read the insyructions in the book before hand, research on t'internet and print anything useful then go for it. You will get a huge amount of satisfaction (smugness) from doing it yerself and save a load of cash. You would be surprised at what you can do at home with a few tools, a book and a bit of confidence. I do not let anyone touch the xj except the guy who does my tyres and it is now coming up to 100k and still going strong. (had 27k when i bought it two years ago.)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Fork seals are relativly easy to change, You could try Probike they are in Bilston. http://probikecentre.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                             
GS1085's Profile
GS1085

In: Billericay

Seals are very easy to change on RWU forks, but on USD forks, special tools are required. You can buy the tools on ebay, or if youre into making your own, its not too difficult. 

trucker09's Profile
trucker09

In: wolverhampton
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

ok thanks all most greatful                                                                                                                                                                              
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

just drain the oil.....they dnt leak anymore!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

A very helpful suggestion Andy Wacko   But in answer to your question Trucker Ermm   Changing fork seals is not "major surgery" Wink   Well within the capabilities of any biker who can read Approve   There are lots of videos on the "net" which "show" you how Thumbs Up   And I'm sure there are BM'ers near to you who would help if you got really stuck  Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

only issue really is undoing the damper rod bolt,an air gun makes it soo easy. Otherwise just smelly job! Oh take great care putting the new seals in..and dnt damage the seal holders prising emm out....use tape to protect new seals too.and make sure the correct leg goes back in the correct side of the yokes! dnt pull the brake lever while the discs not in place!!Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
dougie's Profile
dougie

In: mkt drayton
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

magnum motorcycles , chapelash wolvo , just round the corner from H.D shop.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 1295 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption