10 Best Bikes for Shorter Riders

22 Posts | Latest reply on 17/02/2013 20:58:53 by zzrbabe42 | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Folow the link   http://www.visordown.com/features/10-best-motorcycles-f...22057.html                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Nice one Sandi Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Y W HG x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

HG read the comments as well, there are some other suggestions made there that didn't get in the 10 Best list.                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Had a sit on the new Suzuki Inazuma at the Manchester Bike Show and at 5ft 2 found I was standing on tip toes as the seat is quite wide.      Did try and ask if it could be reduced in height and if so to what, but apparently Suzuki didn't want to, nor feel the need to employ anyone for the show who knew anything about this new model !!!!    Way to go to sell a product!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

I'm not sure about some of those.
Victory Hammer, nice but a bit heavy won't you say.Lot of 250's, possibly a bit under powered for doing any real distance.
NC30 (and the rest of the 400 crowd), nice but getting on a bit with all the associated maintenance issues.
It's more interesting what isn't on the list. For example:
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion (the new 'un).BMW 650 (the single, they go mega low with a lowering kit).Yamaha Virago 535.Honda CBF600 / 1000. A good lowering kit is available.KTM Adventurer. OK not really, just put that in to see if anyone has read this far.
SWIMBO reckoned the R1 was a good girls bike back when they first came out. Nice and light you see. Although as she repeatedly had to point out she didn't know what it was like on the back cos she couldn't reach the bars from there Thumbs Up

Apparently the back wheel did 37 miles of the TT, and the front somewhat less.

Riggy66's Profile
Riggy66

In: Huddersfield

Steve H - Love it! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

as Steve says, interesting what they left out.... Guzzi V7, Ducati Monster, Suzuki Gladius etc etc... especially the last 2 as width is as important as the height (oo-er!!)   the following website is useful if you want to 'virtually' try out how a bike might fit   http://cycle-ergo.com/                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

SWIMBO reckoned the R1 was a good girls bike back when they first came out. Nice and light you see. Although as she repeatedly had to point out she didn't know what it was like on the back cos she couldn't reach the bars from there Thumbs Up   Who is SWIMBO?   Rowan a good point made about the WIDTH of a bike seat, I never thoguht about that aspect, I concentrated on the HEIGHT of a seat                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hey Neil - that link is fantastic!!!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yep I like that website too.. no substitute for actually sitting on something but good for giving people an idea of riding positions on different types of bike...                                                                                                                                                                               
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

SWIMBO - She Who Must be Obeyed

I live under the iron thumb of female oppression is a state of abject terror.

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Having great fun playing with that site Neil Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

LMFAOLOL
RB                                                                                                                                                                                
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL @ Steve, what's the I for? Instantly?   Should be SWMBO not SWIMBO Tongue LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

That's a very handy website Neil Thumbs Up   Steve Ermm   Does she make you feel like Rumpole ? LOL   Sandi, it wouldn't sound right without the "I" Wink   But you're probably right with the "Instant" Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah brill site Neil Clap... me havin fun with it   And of course no one has mentioned that Harley's are brill for shorter riders ...Wink Heart Ying Yang                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

got to say that as a short person out of that list of 11 best bikes for women OMG theres only one i would be seen dead riding and thats the ninja.although for me would be just physically too small.when it comes to riding bikes from experience of over 30yrs having the confidence in yourself is the main thing.my zzr1100 is like the exon valdes but i have buckets of guts and confidence with my riding.if you have the guts you can ride just about anything.and just cos your a woman doesnt mean you have to ride some daft pants cruiser.it makes my blood boil when these stupid magazines go on about best womens bikes!!!!!!!!!!! its cr*p im sorry but women can ride what the hell they want.my list of bikes include zzr1400,gpz750turbo,gsx1100 katana amd more than a couple of zzr1100,s.so my message for women out there is f**k the people who say you have to ride a girls bike RIDE WHAT THE HELL YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE RIDING!!!!! and if thats a hyper speed wagon so be it,if its a paris dakar type good on yah.RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!  sorry just get really peed off with this womens bikes s**t AngryAngryAngry                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

As a very short rider coming to all of this later in life, can I say it's great to see such a supportive and tolerant post in the thread

Good for you zzbabe42, but I don't think this thread was really aimed at you was it...you've clearly cracked it and that's brilliant & you can ride anything you want to. But it isn't always that easy for everyone

And after all there are short....and very short riders and the issues are really quite different for very short riders. I've sat on quite a few of these bikes over the last few months & it's ONLY cruisers that I can reach the ground with one foot let alone two....and after all we have to start somewhere gaining confidence and feeling comfortable, don't we?                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

my whole point is that im not dissing anyone!!!!!!! my whole point is that if your comfortable on a bike and you have the confidence you can ride anything.what i am saying is there is no such thing as a womens bike anyone can ride what they want IF and i say IF they have the confidence to do it.yes i am very lucky been riding since 8yrs old !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 467 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption