starcom intercom cables/connectors.adaptors

14 Posts | Latest reply on 11/01/2013 08:47:18 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

starcom intercom cables/connectors.adaptors Had the intercom a while it's the later digital jobby. wont go into the pros and cons of it.
But am finding the life span and quality of various cables/connecters somewhat lacking mainly the connecter and cable supplied to connect my nokia phone have had to replace them a few times since i've had the unit in paticular the short 3.5 mm jack plug to the 2.5 mm jack socket not great quality and flamin expensive for what they are.
i tracked down the genuine NOKIA adapter AD-53 much better quality much better design but sadly although i can hear people who ring me, i can hear the music on the phone but the caller cannot hear me am i doing something wrong? have starcom designed their own cables/connecters so reasonably priced stuff cannot be obtained? i found another not nokia 3.5 MM JACK PLUG TO 2.5 MM JACK SOCKET but from a company called KENNABLES again far better quality than the one that comes from starcom far cheaper but again the caller cannot hear me talk but i can hear the caller clearly. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated as i use the intercom mainly for the phone in my work. Many Thanks Gareth                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Have you looked for a "forum" on these intercoms ?   You may well find the answers you are looking for have been posted already by some geek/guru Geek   I think it's worth a shot Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There's a bad conection prob on phone side of things do any friends have same phone try theirs or try maplin elec shops                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There's a bad conection prob on phone side of things do any friends have same phone try theirs or try maplin elec shops

it works with the connecter (albeit rubbish quality) that comes from starcom but with nothing else so i dont see how it can be the phone

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

quite a mystery, posted on a few forums including pan euro club, and nothing hey ho dont wanna buy more rubbish from the manufacturer so guess i'll have to try another make

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

That's a damn shame oldbiker Unhappy   Maybe get a few back on ebay for the duff one Ermm   But the expense of a new system is not a happy prospect Disapprove   I hope you something to suit your needs Approve   At a price you can afford Thumbs Up   Best of luck mate Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Sounds like you have an audio converter so can hear what is being said because the headphone connection is there but no microphone connection. Check the number of separate bands on the actual bit that plugs in against the starcom one, if they are different then therein lies the problem.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i am fairly certain although i have no idea how or why but i think the issue is at the phone end as it works with the cheap n nasty adaptor from starcom but does not work with what i THINK! is a genuine nokia adaptor AD-53 and another adaptor i got from a company called KENABLES

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ok after more testing n trying n such dug out an old nokia with the same 3.5 mm jack for headphones and problem gone away i dont know how or why because if i use the adaptor that comes with starcom both phones are fine if i use either of the other adaptor i have that did not come with starcom the original phone dont work but the old nokia i dug out works fine with all 3 adaptors arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

am wondering if it's some sort of software issue, so have updated software will go n try it in a bit fingers crossed lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ooppss software update seems to have lost all 3 connectors on the 5800 now FFS ARGHHHHHHHHH but connected via bluetooth it all works but sounds very tinny compared to being connected via cable.                               NEW PHONE TIME??? ;-/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

have starcom gone? i cant find their website?                                                                                                                                                                              
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Try Starcom1 or http://www.tecstar.co.uk/

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yea cheers mate got it now, bloody internet lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5317 seconds. There are 570 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption