Laser eye surgery

17 Posts | Latest reply on 15/08/2007 20:09:51 by shooter | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hey all, I need some advice from anyone who knows about this type of surgery.   My eyes have been bad for a few years, and are getting worse.  One in particular.   I'm short-sighted I think, the one where you can't see in the distance.  Its worse when I've been looking at TV, or reading a book close up, then everything in the distance is just a blur.   Can laser surgery work for this type of sight problem?  I know not all eyes can be fixed by it.   Also - do they offer surgery where they put u 2 sleep?  I can't possibly have them slice the front of my eye off whilst im awake!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Laser surgery is very good for short sight Matt. My sister had it done about 12 years ago and has had no problems. You do need to make sure you research it properly tho'. They don't put you to sleep LOL It doesn't take that long to do now a days, too quick for knocking you out!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

But they slice the front of your eye off to scan the back of your eye don't they?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Try this:   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/medical_notes/4649079.stm   and this   http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2745035.stm   and also some of the links                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

i feel sick Dead                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Woah, spooky.  Just been talking about this!!!  I went to Ultralase at the beginning of the year and they (initially) quoted me about £2,500, but the quote went up in stages till it stopped at £3,500.  Not bad for 5 minutes work.  I honestly think a proper consultation is best, but watch the hidden charges.   I don't think they knock you out for the op, so you'll have to think happy thoughts as they slice and dice mate....sorry lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

They put drops in your eyes Matt so you don't feel anything and the way its done now is very quick.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

The other thing to remember is that if your into your late forties everybodys eyes deteriorate to a point where you'll need reading specs anyway and no amount of laser treatment can do owt about it. Geek                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

Yep, quite right blues and also night vision can be a prob too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

when I get to 40 everyone will have night-vision glasses and 20/20 vision anyhow, so that's not a problem LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt when you get to 40 I'll probably be DEAD Shocked waaaa Cry   I could recycle my glasses, or bequeath em to you rofl   ========   I thought laser treatment worked on anyone's eyes regardless of age, guess I was wrong there then, oh well I'll just have to rely on dodgy specs. I can't see with em or without em LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Aparently it fixes crap eyes but not old ones.   N yea my mates think i will be dead before im 30.  :-(  some say 25.  They've got a book running now                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

N yea my mates think i will be dead before im 30.  :-(  some say 25.       Erm...how OLD do ya think I am? lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Ducst4's Profile
Ducst4

In: Edinburgh

Personally, I quite like having the option of being able to take my glasses off so that I don't have to see who or what I'm talking to Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
TAT2DVEGAN's Profile
TAT2DVEGAN

In: manchester

I definately don't think its for you if you are squeamish.  My friend had it done and she said when the laser was doing whatever it does she could smell the burning <puke> Ive worn contact lenses since I was 19 and think I will stick to them unless they can also laser my eyes under general anaesthetic.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wench's Profile
Wench

In: Upper Heyford

I keep thinking about having this done. I've kinda got used to my contacts. It's nice to be able to 'go blind' first thing in the morning. Wandering round in my jimjams can't be a plesant sight LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

Matt, the top eye surgeon for this type of thing is Dr David Gartry at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.  Goodle him and see who he is.  However, he is more expensive than the high street laser peddlars.  Got the wife's ewyes done by him about 4 years ago and it cost £4,000 back then.  However, I don't think prices have risen, may even have fallen but Moorfields and David Gartry are are the leading edge of eye care.   As yet, eyes are not easily transplantable so do you want to chance your eyes with the pile em high, sell em cheap brigade?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6880 seconds. There are 1746 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption