Best ever Live gig you went to?

37 Posts | Latest reply on 12/12/2012 22:08:54 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Valhalla_Rising's Profile
Valhalla_Rising

In: Coventry
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have a few gigs that made a lasting impression. Though to get the ball rolling, Guns N Roses at Wembley in 1991. First big gig I went to and Guns N Roses were my world then. Hot summers day , 19 years of age happy days and lasting memory :)                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Two that really stand out for me were Monsters of rock at Donnington  when Maiden headlined in the early 90's and Rammstein, truly awesome band.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Pink Floyd,Earls Court 1996
Close and equal seconds would be Roger Waters,Magny Cours (French Grand Prix) 2006 and Neil Young,Hammersmith Apollo,2008 (two sets,one acoustic,one full electric)

centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

Kiss, back in the late 1970's. I'd never really been into their music but man, what a stage show they put  on, awesome!                                                                                                                                                                             
Valhalla_Rising's Profile
Valhalla_Rising

In: Coventry

Kiss and Neil Young , Respect Gents :)                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

And for different reasons, 2 years ago I saw the Animals, with 2 of their founder members and a 3rd who joined them only a couple a years after they formed. Singing along with them to House of the Rising Sun was pure magic Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Tough one !      Guns n roses Rock city in 87 short but sweet      Hawkwind at stonehendge in 84 and then again at hammersmith      Oasis Maine road in 96             All for different reasons                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A Guns n Roses tribute band by the name of 'Bad Obsession' (since changed their name to UK Guns n Roses) at The Tackeroo pub, Hednesford, Feb 2004. Absolutely brilliant showmanship and musicianship from lads so young.   Prior to this event I hadn't heard G n R, after the gig I heard this band on the radio and thought to myself 'how brill they've got a recording contract', then the penny dropped, I'd been listening to the real thing.   That's how good these young lads are, I thought they were G n R.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Seen the Stones a couple of times and they are awesome, but for me nowt compares with Pink Floyd (Maine road ྔ and Earl's Court ྜ)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Roger Waters Berlin Wall concert 1990 fantastic gig.                                                                                                                                                                             
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Went to see The Who a few years ago brilliant and last year Australian Pink Floyd they were very good                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

AC/DC donnington 1991   Metallica - Belfast 2010 (oddly enough they also played the Donnington gig in 1991 but AC/DC were by far better back then)   oh and i suppose Led Zep - at a very muddy Knebworth 1979                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Best gig I have ever been to was in Germany, a festival called 'Bizarre Festival' in the 80s, held in an amphitheatre near the Loreley in the Rhine valley, where the Rhine and the Moselle meet. Absolutely gorgeous place, it was sooo hot, they ran out of drinks and sprayed everybody with water from hose pipes. Headlining were Siouxsie and the Banshees, also Iggy Pop, The Mission, INXS and many others. I will never forget it.
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

For absolute stunning zap, brilliant theatre and singed eyebows the first time I saw Rammstein at Manchester Apollo in 2002   But for significance and emotional impact the 46664 Nelson Mandela aids awareness concert in Cape Town 2003. I don't really know how I ended up there. It wasn't planned, I didn't even know it was happening. Just happened to be in South Africa and a friend said there's a gig on when you are over, shall I get tickets?...yeah, guess so, might as well...   All the moral conscience old chestnuts were there U2, Euythmics and could have done without Geldof but hey ho...   but when Annie Lennox sang 7 seconds with Yassou N'Dour....Oh man that was sweet bliss   It was the first time Brian May & Roger Taylor played in public after Freddy's passing....Oh my god, Brian May, We Will Rock You with all those African drummers   Nelson Mandela speaking   Peter Gabriel singing Biko under a beautiful African sky....to the end of my days I don't think I can ever have a musical moment that could top that....Listening to that song, in that place, stunning in the light at sunset. I still can't quite believe I was there.   Don't you just love it when fate guides you to the right place at the right time Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Pumpkin Poppy's Profile
Pumpkin Poppy

In: Bewdley

Guns n Roses at Donnington, the year that the scaffolding collapsed, not sure of the year, but poison played too, and it was very very hot & sunny

And I agree, the year Iron Maiden headlined, when 7th Son of etc came out, incredible show !!!!!!

Best gig in last 2 years, Papa Roach at the Civic in Wolverhampton, over 2 hours of stunning performance from the whole band, can't wait for them to come around early next year.
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Dare I say it..................................   The Spice Girls, I loved 'em lol   To try and redeem myself, I always wanted to see Genesis live but never got round to it Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

June 14th 1992 Guns & Roses with supporting acts Soundgarden and Faith No More.   Even managed to get up on stage....... what a life time experience that was saying that Download when ACDC rage again machine 30seconds to mars all played at the event that was epic.......   Oh want to go to loads more now talking about them LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

June 1995 I think ?? Metallica at the Milton Keynes bowl

It was fantastic nice warm day, hoping to go to kings of Leon June next year in Manchester :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Inspector Gadget's Profile
Inspector Gadget

In: Oxon

So many but Pink Floyd at Knebworth early 70's purely because it was like being in a drive in movie when they debuted Dark Side of The Moon and it was the day when sadly Tim Buckley died so the concert stays in my mind.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nowgotabike's Profile
Nowgotabike

In: Crick

Alice Cooper earlier this year in Carcassonne - what a showman! Then again, Whitesnake were great live and so were UFO...... Mastadon were a bit too heavy for me live :(   Looking forward to seeing Bon Jovi in June now :)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6426 seconds. There are 750 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption