Biker shot on the M40

42 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2007 03:07:08 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Mazza's Profile
Mazza

In: Crediton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have to say I was caught up in this today on my way back from Birmingham for the weekend. I send my condolences to the guys family and really don't care if it was Hell's Angels or whoever but someone DIED Cry and he was a BIKER!!!!  That was bad enuf but the idiots I saw driving down the hard shoulder to get passed all the traffic was horrific Shocked They were blocking the emergency services geting through!! I could only think of the poor guy laying dead on the motorway on his own and, although feeling sad, at the same time relieved that I was still alive!!! It took me several hours to get home but at least I CAME HOME and my family never had that fatal knock on the door from the police its tragic. Let's hope they catch the person responsible but have to agree with Bluesbiker if it is Hell's then someone pissed them off big time!!! Mazza                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

RIP whatever his crime, IF he committed any                                                                                                                                                                             
SHYBOY's Profile
SHYBOY

In: WSTLONDON GREENF

Enuf about the Angels, if this is to do with them leave well alone THIS IS TO MAKE A STATEMENT               The same way the police closedown biker meeting places                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

R I P Condolences to the family                                                                                                                                                                              
fjr_graham's Profile
fjr_graham

In: Sheffield/Barnsl

M40 Motorway shut after biker shot dead. A busy motorway remained closed today after a biker was shot dead as rode home from a motorcycle festival. It is believed the victim was a Hell's Angel in his 30s who was gunned down on the M40 in Warwickshire after visiting the Bulldog Bash biker festival 20 miles away at the Long Marston airfield near Stratford. Warwickshire Police said large sections of the M40 are expected to remain closed in both directions until at least lunchtime. A police spokeswoman said detectives had ruled out a road rage type attack and were treating it as murder. Officers want to trace a green Rover 620 car seen travelling south on the M40 close to a group of motorcyclists at around the time of the incident. Police would like to speak to the driver and occupants of this car. A post-mortem examination will be carried out and the victim has not been formally identified. The spokeswoman said the force was opening inquiries into whether or not the biker had been specifically targeted. The Bulldog Bash is billed as Europe's number one biker party and attracts tens of thousands of motorcyclists and music fans from across Europe. This year Status Quo headlined the event. The biker's death is not being linked to any incidents at the Bulldog Bash. The victim was travelling south with two friends and air ambulance crews were called to treat the man at the scene of the incident between junctions 13 and 12 on the M40 in Warwickshire shortly after 2.15pm on Sunday. Inspector Patrick Devereux of Warwickshire Police said the road would remain closed on Monday so a full forensic operation could be carried out in daylight.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just caught the latest news,police are treating shooting as murder(thats suicide ruled out then!)and think it may be related to bike gangs!!

Clever buggers them boys in blue,good to know we're in such capable hands!!!

Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

LOL @ cassie   Never would have guessed really would you?!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ah well,at least we know what REALLY happens to all the weed they confiscate.Confused.                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Seems the bloke wasn't British but had lived here for a long time and was travelling with two other bikers who were Polish. Detectives said they were examining a similar shooting six years ago, in which three bikers, from France and Canada, were on the M40 after the Bulldog Bash, when they were shot at from a car travelling in the middle lane.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

now thats spooky                                                                                                                                                                              
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

aint it just                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

The victim's been named as Gerard Tobin, 35, from south London. Apparently worked in a Harley dealership, presumaby Warrs.                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

tell you the police couldnt catch a cold unless it was on speed camra...                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

Three people have now been arrested, according to the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshir...958000.stm                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

I would be very interested if it was a rival gang involved (like the plod reckon) or if it is just some rat-bag chav types.  I've seen videos before where kids go around shooting pedestrians with paint-balls etc and maybe it's people like this who just didn't know where to draw the line.
Wills's Profile
Wills

It did cross my mind that it might even be some nutters living in a fantasy world and trying to re-enact the final scene of Easy Rider, which might account for the previous (non-fatal) shooting of a biker in the same area a while ago. Assuming, of course, that they're charged, all will be revealed in court.                                                                                                                                                                              
Kate5930's Profile
Kate5930

In: Birmingham

To hit someone in the head just below a helmet travelling at 60 or 70mph they would have to be a dam good shot. A back or a leg could be a lucky hit (for the idiot with the gun)  A head at that speed is a pro in my mind.   Condolences to Gerry's Girlfriend and family.                                                                                                                                                                              
scattygal35's Profile
scattygal35

In: Harlow

Just wondering does anyone wanna chip in towards some flowers/and or a large wreath courtesy of Biker Match? A nice tribute from this website? What do you all think and matt?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/coventry_war...025790.stm   Looks like there's been some progress                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Doesn't say if they were/are bikers or just some chavs in a car though.  Nice to see the media following up things though, they normally report the initial gruesome stuff then forget about any follow up stories.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0625 seconds. There are 685 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption