Aprilia Pegaso Strada probs

26 Posts | Latest reply on 11/11/2012 00:02:20 by mike99 | Go to original / last post
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

My ex had one and he did fit a power commander, it made the ride smoother but he never had the problem of it cutting out. I think when I googled the aprilia forums, they suggested the power commander wasnt the answer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hi if you have still had no luck try the side stand cut off switch..... yeah i know u think im crazy but check it, i had the early pegaso and it did the same thing when u stamp down a gear because the stand cut off switch is right behind the gear lever  and when u stamp it vibrates the switch and like any italian elecrics dont last long covered in british crud!
really hope its the answer for u too
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Ok thanks Matt, I know that switch has been mentioned before but nobody actually said they have cured the probem with it, you are the first, so I will defo try that out                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i removed it completly and hard wired it back to itself,the bike will carry on running with the stand down however no more problem.
please check that(maybe tighten your stand a little) that the stand wont drop under aggressive riding as i really would not like you to have an accident following my advice
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

No Matt, no worries, I will check it all out, thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
mike99's Profile
mike99

In: mansfield

What about shorting out the neutral switch on the gearbox, theres an interlock somewhere on the machine which links the clutch lever, side stand and neutral. Its probably not any of the three, but the electronics it connects to. It will mean you could potentially start it up in gear but it may be worth it to narrow down the problem. You could do all three (one by one).                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 877 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption