Aprilia Pegaso Strada probs

26 Posts | Latest reply on 11/11/2012 00:02:20 by mike99 | Go to original / last post
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Hiya, has anybody heard of this problem? My Strada 650 cuts out in mid ride. Only when the engine is warm, when I down gear, I pull in the clutch downgear and when I let go of the clutch, the engine would be off. Can usually restart it straight away, or in 2 goes, but it's a bit hair raising when it happens when you just aproach a bend and have to ride through it with no engine on lol. Had it on diagnostics with nothing found, raised tick over as it was too low and had a faulty spark plug changed. Still does it though. Any ideas?
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Was it checked out on a rolling road or static ? When the bike is running try fiddling with the clutch leaver if it has a switch for starting it may have a short                                                                                                                                                                              
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

It was checked out static. I am not sure its the clutch lever, it only ever happens when I down gear...                                                                                                                                                                             
petewick's Profile
petewick

In: Haworth
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

sounds like carb trouble. had same trouble years ago. try draining carbs see if any water in them

TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Hmmm Pete, has been done about a year ago....                                                                                                                                                                             
petewick's Profile
petewick

thats if its not injection                                                                                                                                                                             
petewick's Profile
petewick

thats if its not injection! never looked at strada                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Damn, cause its injection. About a year ago, everything got serviced, cleaned, drained... and it's not done a lot of milage since                                                                                                                                                                             
petewick's Profile
petewick

water has no respect of time ha ha                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Lol I know what you mean hehehehe                                                                                                                                                                             
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya

Hope this helps you just copy and paste link below into your address bar.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207124-Engine-randomly-dies-when-I-pull-the-clutch-%28Pegaso-Strada%29
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Thanks Paul, read it and it's nothing that I haven't read before, doesn't really give me a clue to what is happening. As I said before, this seems to be a common problem with the Strada and nobody seems to be any the wiser.... Strange bike for a strange rider lol                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

If its injection could be an issue with ecu. especially if its a known issue. only seems to be doing it on over run. and starts again straight away. manufacturers have a habit of denying there are faults if it could cost them. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Well, apparently they have recalled some of them, but not mine                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

Well, apparently they have recalled some of them, but not mine                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

if there have been recalled for the same fault I would be banging on the door and making lots of noise with mcn live just a few weeks away thay dont want you by there stand slaging off there bike at every bike show across the uk and talking to mcn about how you could have been killed when it happend in rush hour on the M25 by heathrow ?

ApriliaDunk's Profile
ApriliaDunk

In: Fareham

Hi all, new on here but similar problem on my RSVR. After roughly 2 hours of riding starts cutting out on me, power loss when accelerating, if i pull over and take it out of gear revs up to redline no problem, in gear and under load splutters and loses drive, catches again then dies again. Had full Aprilia diagnostic, showed know fault, breather pipe clear, any ideas? Getting a little dangerous losing drive mid corner! Cheers, Dunk.
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

It is frightening, isnt it Dunk? As I said, mine does it when I down gear, most of the time it's not so bad, I just restart it and carry on, but it happened to me aproaching a bend and I was doing about 60/70 mph, I down geared, it cut out and I didn't have time to restart it, so breaked as much as I could and run round the bend still doing nearly 60 with no engine running.
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Years ago I used to get carb icing when shutting throttle down on motorway off ramps on cold days, carbs had radiator fluid piped through them to keep warm but still had to add fuel additive to fully cure problem. Could this be a similar problem with your injectors, you could try a good dose of additive and see what happens.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

had a quick google and looks like they had similar probs on the XT660 (same engine), but never really got to the bottom of.. might be worth having a look around the yamaha forums as there were various tweeks suggested, mainly around the TPS and adjusting the timing/tune via a power commander.. seems a shame really as its a bike i quite fancied myself...

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 628 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption