Stopping to help other bikers......

13 Posts | Latest reply on 08/11/2012 15:52:48 by VFR800AJ | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Do you stop to help other bikers if they are stopped at the roadside. I did last year but the guy got his bike going OK and thanked me for stopping.   This thought was prompted by me, in my car, driving straight past some poor bugger in a van that was broken down half way across some lights thinking that he's probably in the AA/RAC.   yet if i was on my bike and he/she was on one, I would definately have stopped and asked if i could help.     Again when you stop somewhere eg The Bassetts Pole, other bikers will always chat to you/ask if you can watch their kit while they pop in McDonalds/ ask where your off to or where you've been etc   If two car drivers parked up, no words are ever excahnged between them as a rule.   What is it that brings out this camaraderie in the majority (not all i would imagine) but most bikers ?   Not that i'm complaining, i think it's brilliant                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

me thinks it might be called "being a biker" Wink Beer having a good soul.... caring about others...... living a life that includes communities and other humans and giving a Censored and enjoying it ....some car drivers im sure are like this too, but mostly when in a car you are completely cut off from the world in your own cocoon and so no one else exists......... community, other people... what's that Party                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Agree with xSuzix   As bikers we are a small group of like minded folk, my mate has old Land Rovers and they do the same.   On a trip up M1 north a mate and me stopped off for a brew at services, we were soon joined by other bikers around our table all introducing ourselves.   The car drivers didnt think to sit at an occupied table with other car drivers, just wandering around looking for an empty table.                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

I always stop just to see if they need help.Sometimestime they heve justed stopped for a drink or a rest, but you never know. Perhaps they are broken down and need to borrow your moble to ring for help. It is always good to stop.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Spot on xSuzix, most (not all) car drivers are only interested in dropping into that 10 foot space in front of you just so they get to there destination 10 seconds quicker. And if they cant get in there they will sit six foot off your tail end.

As regards break downs in a car, unless your with the RAC/AA etc your on your own
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

yes                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I would stop to try help, I couldn't do very much to help mechanically but I would stop anyway....                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

A few weeks back heidi broke down on the expressway in brum she posted on fb so I gave her a call then an hour later she was still there I jumped on the bike and went and sat with her only trouble was I forgot the flask lol.
But yes if I can stop I will but on motorway only if its safe you can so easy make a situation worse by stopping if your not sure about safety stop at the next phone and report it. And I would never recomend or expect a lone female to stop at night                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

When I had my bike on the road I was never in a position to stop, not that the situation ever arose, as I know nothing about mechanics and never have credit on my mobile to make calls; so I'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.    Once when I was a pillion there was a biker at the side of the road, the pilot I was with just rode past, til I gave him a dig in the ribs and made him go back to help.    I was once at the side of the road, waiting for a mate to come back with the old key for my bike, the new one wouldn't fit the petrol cap lock, several bikers went past and didn't even glance in my direction.                                                                                                                                                                                 
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

Yes I would always and have done even when i'm in a cage.   Nice words Suz..... its not about being mechanically minded. its the mutual respect for other bikers. You don't have to be a whiz with a spanner. Just being there, the chat, laughing about the situation and the support that matters.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I remember a few months back i was makin my way along a farm back road in the pouring rain and my chain came off the sprocket! Was half way through calling my dad to come pick me up (was too clueless at the time to figure out how to roll it back on) when a guy passed on a bike n stopped n asked if i needed help without a seconds hesitation, got the chain back on n was on my way.

few weeks later a guy couldnt get his bike started in a petrol station n i straight away offered him a push to bump start it. Pass the karma on:-P

wouldnt stop if a car was broken down, theyre fine, they have a roof and a stereo to tide them over till they get picked up :-P
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

*double posted by mistake*                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

wouldnt stop if a car was broken down, theyre fine, they have a roof and a stereo to tide them over till they get picked up :-P     Just laughed me biscuit onto me keybaord !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOLLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 418 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption