to move or not to move

56 Posts | Latest reply on 02/02/2013 03:15:02 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Its lovely there Debs, with easy access to some great biking roads too, Peak District on your doorstep...... and if it makes sense on some levels then maybe you will get used to the noise.......You will make the right decision im certain..Good luck Debs ...HugThumbs Up x                                                                                                                                                                             
GS1085's Profile
GS1085

In: Billericay

If it gets you back on the main land, go for it :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's a step in the right direction; and you can always take another.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

A lot of people on BM think pretty highly of you (even though you can be an argumentative so and so!) and it would be great to have you among us. But it's your life, your decision...whatever you do, just got for itThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Oh Debs, its lovely oop there.....and there are quite a few of us BMers not too far away either which is good for a natter and a meet up if you so choose (not a threat..I promise LOL).      Gotta do what is best for you and yours.   RB                                                                                                                                                                               
non-hotmale's Profile
non-hotmale

In: Leyland

Echo Jen and Jo comments.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

...just not too sure i can cope with the noise and traffic having lived in the arsehole of nowhere for so long.   Hi KG, if the noise bothered you enough to move away (as well as other reasons of course) and to mention it twice on here then I advise against moving to somewhere where it will be noisy.    For 6 years I lived in a house situated on a busy A road, traffic noise almost 24/7 and emergency service vehicle sirens every few minutes.  Horrendous! - I didn't realise how stressed I was until I moved away, to a relatively quiet cul-de-sac.   I remember not being able to open my windows when it was lovely summer weather (not that we get much summer) cos of the constant noise. Anyone who came to my front door couldn't be heard speaking.   I say definitely DO NOT MOVE to a noisy area, you will not like it any more than you did before, I think we get more sensitive to intrusive noise as we get older. In MHO.   Wherever you decide to go I hope you'll be happy there.   ATB                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

thanks Sandi and everyone else for their thoughts.....its off the main road about 100 yds up a cul-de-sac so maybe not quite as bad as living on the main road.   i ended up with a pros and cons list and the pros was longer...maybe im meant to be where i was brought up, where i know people and who can undestand my accent! lol   @ Wills....what do you mean im an argumentative so and so??? cheeky fecker! lol i just have an opinion on everything and you should just agree with me then there'd be no argument! lmao Wink   i have a decision made i think...i'll be heading back to near manchester in februrary...tis nearer glossop and some of my favorite roads. but hell ....lets give it a go!   thanks peeps! Big smileBig smileBig smile   debs xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good for you Debs, good luck to you and your family with your new adventure, and lots of happiness too.. ...xxx                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Woodhead and the roads around there, were my playground when I was learning to ride Approve   When you make the move Debs, I'm sure you'll soon adapt to the new environment Thumbs Up   Take the plunge and come back to your "roots" Ermm   There are lots of BM'ers close by to help you settle back in Wink   Good luck with the move, I hope to catch up with you at some point this year Hug                                                                                                                                                                               
Roughie's Profile
Roughie

In: Surrey
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

I don't know you but i just wanted to say,  i admire you and wish i had the gumption to get up and go !!!   good on ya Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

lol i havent done it yet Roughie and the house i thought i had sorted fell thru so im back to the drawing board but still lookin around that area for now. Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
GS1085's Profile
GS1085

In: Billericay

Plenty of places to rent around north cumbria, quite cheap too.

Momeg's Profile
Momeg

In: Inverness

I dont know you or your circumstances but I'd uproot if nothings keeping me to an area, except memories and work.
I hope your search for accomodation hasnt upset the apple cart as it were, and wish you the very best with your future plans.    Good luck!                                                                                                                                                                             
OMNF's Profile
OMNF

In: Worksop

Defintielly go for it KG, there's loads of us BMers around the midlands. Hell we'll even help you move for a bacon sarnie. Get yourself looking on Rightmove (i keep half an eye on it whether i'm moving or not lol!)   There's some great rides around here and excellent transport links to get you up Scotland x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Seems to be quite a lot of accountancy jobs on the go in Scotland at the moment.... Housing is not to bad either as long as its not in Edinburgh or central Glasgow...so SW should be ok.. Go for it....                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4844 seconds. There are 512 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption