FREE 'First-Aid tube' (North West)

8 Posts | Latest reply on 08/10/2012 17:02:39 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A piece of kit which could save lives is being made available to bikers in the North West for free. Based on the CRASH Card concept created by the Ambulance Motorcycle Club, the air and watertight Mediform tube contains a card where riders can store info about medication, allergies, medical history, along with personal details. This means paramedics at the scene of an accident have immediate access to a rider’s medical needs. The tube comes with a green self-adhesive key shaped sticker, which should be placed on the right side of a helmet to notify medical staff. The tube is then attached to the key ring on the bike. For information about how to get a tube and a list of dealerships, go to www.ridesafebacksafe.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

The link that was with the above article was broken so I've had to substitute it. I can't find mention of the tube anywhere on their site so perhaps contact them about it via their contact button?                                                                                                                                                                                
fantasia's Profile
fantasia

In: Halifax
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi everyone. when i was at air ambulance run i was at police stand checking out advanced driving lessons and while i was there they told me about there green dot scheme. You fill out your details and medical issues if any next of cin ect. They then give you a card and a tiny green sticker. You stick that near the front of your helmet and put your filled out card inside your helmet. I already hear you say its not always pos to take your helmet of for some time so i think the tube is also a very good idea.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

That's a different topic fantasia, probably better if you start a new thread.    I think someone else posted, a while ago, about the green dot system. I myself picked up one and one for my son, from Squires cafe in Leeds some months ago.                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

off the website...hope it helps   News : How to get your mediform tube!
The RideSafe BackSafe Mediform tube has been received really well by the 1000 bikers we met last week. (see for more info) If you want to get a keyring you can do so by sending a stamped, addressed envelope to our address below*. You need to send a C5 envelope (A5) with a 69p for second class or 90p stamp for first class on it and your return address. Send the stamped addressed envelope to: RideSafe BackSafe Road Safety Centre Leyland House Lancashire Business Park Centurion Way Leyland Lancashire PR6 6TY *These keyrings have been produced for bikers in the North West of England, priority will be given to those riders. They will not be sent outside of the UK. We will shortly release a list of dealers who will also have a stock of the Mediform info tubes.                                                                                                                                                                              
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

and further if you want to go to a dealership here is the list.    We now have a list of Dealerships who support RSBS where you can pick up your free Mediform Tube.  Dealership areas include Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside. Lists of Dealerships in Cheshire and Cumbria will follow shortly. List of RSBS supporter Dealerships distributing Mediform Tubes   Greater Manchester   Ducati Manchester Dalton House Washway Road Sale M33 7AJ   Hunts Honda 255 / 257 Kingsway Burnage M19 1AN   Wigan Yamaha Centre Wilcock Street Wigan WN3 4AR   Youles Manchester 186 Bury New Road Manchester M8 8DY   Lancashire   Blackpool Honda  Lytham St Annes Way Blackpool Lancashire FY4 5PQ     CA Stephenson Motorcycles Melling Mill Melling Carnforth LA6 2RA   FastLine Superbikes  26 / 36 New Hall Lane Preston PR1 4DU   Frank Shepherd Motorcycles North Road Lancaster LA1 1NY   John Carr Motorcycles Stubbins Lane Claughton on Brock Preston PR3 0QH (Behind the Brockholes Arms)   Lancaster Honda Northgate White Lund Industrial Estate Morecambe Lancashire LA3 3PA   Preston Honda 350 Blackpool Road Preston Lancashire PR2 3AA   Rocket Centre 3 Trident Way Trident Way Whitebirk Drive Blackburn BB1 3NU   Shorrocks 84/ 86 Leyland Road Penworthan Preston PR1 9XS   Youles Motorcycles Blackburn Pendle St Blackburn BB1 1NG   Merseyside   Marriott Motorcycles 72-76 Oxton Road Town Centre Birkenhead CH41 2TW   Millenium Motorcycles Aspinall Place, Thatto Heath,  Saint Helens,  Merseyside  WA9     Orrell Motorcycles 73 Moss Lane Orrell Park Liverpool L9 8AE   Southport Superbikes 86-92 Eastbank St  Southport Merseyside PR8 1EF   You can also request a Mediform Tube by sending a stamped, addressed envelope to our address below*. You need to send a C5 envelope (A5) with a 69p for second class or 90p stamp for first class on it and your return address. Send the stamped addressed envelope to: RideSafe BackSafe Road Safety Centre Leyland House Lancashire Business Park Centurion Way Leyland Lancashire PR6 6TY *These keyrings have been produced for bikers in the North West of England, priority will be given to those riders. They will not be sent outside of the UK.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

So what happens when you and your mate both have them and you both come off and your riding your mates bike both unconscious and your next to the wrong bike ??? Still think Dog tag is best it works for the armed services all over the world so why dont thay just use that.                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Won't be long before they have us all "chipped" Disapprove   Then all this stuff will be redundant Ermm   I have to agree with JP though Approve   The Armed forces and the ACU still use "dog tags" Thumbs Up   It seems to have worked for them Wink                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5151 seconds. There are 1927 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption