National Motorcycle Museum

95 Posts | Latest reply on 10/12/2012 16:03:24 by GHW | Go to original / last post
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

is there a cafe in there or do i eat befor i go                                                                                                                                                                              
Viking Tel's Profile
Viking Tel

In: Silverstone and
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There is a Cafe, well there use to be last time I went!                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

thats ok then cos i will need food after a night on the beer lolThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

May I suggest that you phone the museum and ask about the cafe, before you set off, there isn't a mention of one on their website. They mention conference and banqueting facilities for HIRE but not a cafe or restaurant, not that I could see anyway.                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

The cafe in shirley is opening for us its 3 doors down from the main hotel thay do a great breakfast to start the day                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi,back again   NMM is open @ 9.30. If everybody going to museum is on night out in Brum I suggest we use JP's cafe for everyone to meet/eat and sort hangovers(if necessary) then run up to NMM as a group,I will print/distribute maps from Red Lion to NMM for anyone whose not sure of route just in case we get separated.  Anyone going to Museum only(not from Red Lion)-- there is a a cafe in NEC railway station not far from museum,if I find one on site/nearer I will post  Aiming to reach museum altogether about 10.30.  Any  other queries will do my best to answer/find out.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I,m up for this , if i can scrounge a lift Big smile Wheres the cafe you mentioned jp ? 
JP's Profile
JP

Get to the Museum by 10.30 your hopefull lol have you seen how long it take to get these moving in a morning lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah well, Confucius he say "better to travel in hope than to arrive!"   Wanted to have a start time to aim for in case anyone going who's NOT at party night before(might be useful to stir/cajole/prod on morning).                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

i think 10.30 a bit optimistic, by the time we have got up had breakfast than got our cars loaded up and are ready to move it's more likely to be 11.30 if were lucky, i think most of us doing the party will be in car but anyone going straight to the museum night be on bike, do we all have to go in at the same time to get the discount, if so it might be best to meet in a cafe some were
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

well me be on my bike no option lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ok with cafe,Jp has got one organised by Premier Inn in Shirley which is opening early for breakfasts,think I know which one will put it's name down as soon as JP confirms.As said I will do printouts of route from there to museum in case we get separated.  Anyone NOT going to party,just to museum I have found a truckstop cafe about 2-3 miles from museum if you are interested.   Lincoln Farm Cafe,A452;Tel. 01675442301;B92 0LS.Advantage is there is no need to get caught up in urban traffic,it's basically just round the corner from museum.  11.30 seems to be consensus of best time to meet at museum,it gives us 6hrs to look around,so will go with that as meeting time on Museum car park                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

I have just been informed it is now called the Alba Sandwich Bar I can tell you the big breakfast will fill you up and it comes with chips                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

11-30 ,s got my vote                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

meee toooo Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Calendar updated: Meeting in the museum car park at 11.30am   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3769                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers Sandi and JP,thanks a lot for help.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Im really looking forward to this I  sorry to say I  have never been there and it's only 10 miles from my house

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Anyone who has been at party Alba cafe,3 doors from Premier Inn in Shirley is opening early  for us to eat and meet up. Anyone NOT going to party,just to museum I have found a truckstop cafe about 2-3 miles from museum if you are interested. Lincoln Farm Cafe,A452;Tel. 01675442301;B92 0LS.Advantage is there is no need to get caught up in urban traffic,it's basically just round the corner from museum. 11.30 seems to be consensus of best time to meet at museum,it gives us 6hrs to look around,so will go with that as meeting time on Museum car park                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

In: Black Country
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Wotcha.   Another one of these "on my doorstep" places that I ain't been to in years.  Be warned - I might just turn up Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 1043 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption