gloves?

27 Posts | Latest reply on 17/12/2012 23:25:12 by Jaffa | Go to original / last post
Valhalla_Rising's Profile
Valhalla_Rising

In: Coventry
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

In the market for a pair of new summer gloves, my fingers are showing through my old SP1's  lol   .... Any ideas what to go for?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Ones with fingers in?    LOL soz, I couldn't resist                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

I'm using a pair of Furygans, short cuff, lightweight, ventilated, supple and with knuckle guards, I like them better than the BMW GS gloves I'd been using for 4 years. Don't know model name.                                                                                                                                                                              
cavywavy's Profile
cavywavy

In: Ashbourne

I broguht a pair of bufflo summer gloves off ebay for naff all this year thought they would only last a few months but they have been great the ventalation is great and yet you still get good protection. .     http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buffalo-Racetex-2-Leather-Tex...2c604e04d9                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Whilst we are on the subject of gloves Approve   Check out this item on eBay, Item number: 220863598981 Thumbs Up   Just put the "number" in the search box Wink   I bought a pair a few weeks back at £10.39 and thought they were a bargain Big smile   They are now reduced to £7.79 Shocked   So I've ordered another pair Approve   They are available in all sizes from XS to XL Thumbs Up   The quality is very good in my opinion, especially for the price Smile   No armour on them but that isn't everyones 1st priority Ermm   But good warm comfortable gloves are always welcome on a bike Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

need new gloves too thinking of get too pars  difret colors  so i can were one of each Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Bleddy Nutta! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

KC    why dont you just buy 4 odd coloured gloves  then switch them around randomly in the dark so it'll be a surprise as to the colour you have on when the light is turned on ???   or should i eat less blue smarties    ?                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

maybe kay should eat fewer blue smarties :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Valhalla_Rising

lol....  funny though doesnt help my quest for the perfect gloves... The search continues I guess ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

nutter mmmm gilty as charged Clown

VFR800AJ....... top idear ill try that (bet i get 2 left gloves  blue smartes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

xj  no i like blue enything me (hope your felling better xj hugs x

Valhalla_Rising.... it like looking for the holy grail ..thay dont exist ....till you find them ...then  bingo hugs x
ill but out now so you can get on with your quest  Camelot supports  youGeek  

were are thou s blue smartes 

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I bought some gloves from NEC show some years ago and still wearing 'em even though thumb is now disintegrating...love em. But only happened on them by chance....right place   right time    Hoping they might have some this year too Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

if you are buying new gloves get the Weise ones that have the Knox palm pads in, they save you from breaking shoulders and wrist if you have an off, not cheep but well worth the money, please check them out befor you buy any others                                                                                                                                                                                
Valhalla_Rising

Will do BB cheers fella.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

have to agree Kay Thumbs Up - i had a pair i loved and they got knicked, not yet found another pair i love and feel godo to wear..... everytiem im anywhere sells gloves i try em on just incase i find a good pair again..   then if find pair fit good look on tinterweb see if can get cheaper or just buy em when you find em ..... it is indeedo like searching for the holy grail when you got little female hands as most are mens in shops also or ladies are all too thin coz are made for pilly grrr   good luck Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Valhalla_Rising

What suits is indeed only known until you try them on. Though my original question is regarding certain makes of gloves. That folks may of bought that were of good qauility and gave longevity that they can recomend. As some well known brands may not be as good as they hype may suggest...  I've tried many so called high end gloves in shops and thought the grade of leather to be rubbish. I did find a company selling my beloved Alpinestars Sp1's and I bought them. Though they did not turn up in the post and the company claimed there were delivered but could not prove it. So only just got my money refunded. Think I will trawl the net once again and find a stockest that might still have new old stock.
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

Had mine about  year VR and still look like new cost around 60 quid.

I find that that although my hands are not big i still have to get a large size in gloves to be comfortable

Valhalla_Rising

I have biggeer / thicker hands so getting a glove that doesnt feel to tight without having to go to a bigger size that is alittle loose.My sp--1's are X -large and were always slightly tight, they took some breaking in but i love the fit now and the build grade of leather is good. BUt I will check out Weise Bill , they sound my kind of glove. Thanks
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I've been using Alpinestar Octane gloves for the last couple of years, comfortable and well vented for summer use. Have you been to Bikersworld in Coleshill??                                                                                                                                                                             
trucker09's Profile
trucker09

In: wolverhampton
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

is that just off m42 bluey                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9844 seconds. There are 673 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption