Mobile phone App

9 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2012 22:21:19 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is there a mobile phone app for BM?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not sure Bluey, ive got BM on my phone so i am always in touch with folks...works brilliant too..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

I don't think there's an actual app for it but you can view the site on mobile. Matt is probably the best person to answer this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

no there is no app i'm afraid.  I don't have the knowledge to make phone apps and it would cost many thousands to hire a company to do it.  All you would have in the end is a prettier mobile website version really.

For now please just use the web browser on your phone.

Thanks
Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Android apps aren't too bad to write, it's all Java and so similar to .Net anyway ;p

Although a mobile optimised theme would be nice ;)

/me flees!

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

There you go Say Ten its your mission if you choose to accept it lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Lol, if only it was as simple as just writing the mobile app part.  Matt would need to build some APIs for it to integrate with first.                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

............ runs away at geek speak ....                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea it would be a huge undertaking.  Just the API alone on the server end would take months... that's before you even start looking at the front end/client app on the mobiles.  Then you have to do all kinds of security penetration testing to make sure the APIs aren't leaky.

And considering I'm really struggling with the recovery from my operation at the moment this is definitely something not on my to-do list im afraid.  Sorry                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 932 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption