Treasured Plate

12 Posts | Latest reply on 23/08/2012 19:00:15 by OMNF | Go to original / last post
Roughie's Profile
Roughie

In: Surrey
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I have a treasured number plate that I have had for a few years, in the past when I have changed it to whatever bike I have at the time, it has not cost me to change the number on my insurance policy, but this time it cost me £35, then they emailed me my new policy details, how can it cost £35. When I took the policy out, I did inform them I have a treasured plate that I would be registering to the bike, the very nice lady said that it won't cost me if I do it within 3 months, which I have done and now they are saying it's 35 quid. when I challenged it, naming the woman i spoke to,  I am getting oh that lady has left and its £35.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Tell them to send her the Bill Or phone and ask to speak to her as she is dealing with your problem see if she is still there                                                                                                                                                                              
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Doesn't matter if she's left or not. She was working there when she told you it was a free transfer and was acting on behalf of the company. Personally I'd make the payment but ensure you make it clear that you're not happy and intend to seek the advice of the insurance ombudsman. Them having to deal with the ombusdsman will hopefully make them think it's not worth the hassle for £35 and they might just give you an instant refund. Worth a try.

Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

If you disclosed your intention to change the reg number prior to accepting their offer of insurance and in the same phone call, then it forms part of the contract. Any reputable insurance company will hold a record of the call for a minimum of 12 months as anything you say to them also forms part of the contract. If however the conversation occurred after you agreed to take the insurance then it's a change after the contract came into force and you would need it in writing.
While it could be argued that the agent exceeded her authority in verbally altering their standard T&Cs they would be hard pressed to prove it.   
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

agree totally - stick to your guns on this - they will undoubtably back down at the thought of the ombudsman tramping thru the paperwork                                                                                                                                                                             
shawy42's Profile
shawy42

In: chadderton

I,m insured with mce and they charge £35 everytime I ring up to amend my policy :( and they say they make no money and put or premiums up.... Aaaaaarrrghhh  but life goes on :D                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Banks and journalists have been rumbled , lets hope its this lot next !

Roughie's Profile
Roughie

I have paid the £35 and said i'll be remembering it when i have to renew my policy, which i will do.   when i get the the renewal quote i'll be insisting on a £35 reduction on any quote they give me   and i quite agree with you Firetrap !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

treasured plate....the one i just ate fish and chips off.....best plate i saw ,,,70's bloke in frome in somerset had a triumph with TON100...how much for that sucker now i wonder...?                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Used to have a 350 Velo with FCK 699  Big smile   Ar kid had a 650 Beeza at the time with 9939 U Wink   So we took great delight passing people as a pair LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Roughie's Profile
Roughie

My Plate is R6 SUX Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
OMNF's Profile
OMNF

In: Worksop

My plate ends FKU and no its not a private plate but i think it fits its purpose! lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4883 seconds. There are 609 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption