Your views on work (sayings etc)

39 Posts | Latest reply on 07/12/2012 22:07:13 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Stuke's Profile
Stuke

In: Darwen
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi there to one and all!
lets see where this one leads! Ha! Ha!

This saying I once heard,

If you work for a living, why kill yourself working?

I love it!

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Work. I could watch it all day.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Work to live or live to work ?     A few lucky people have a job which is more like a way of life Wink   What they do to "earn a crust" is a joy to them Big smile   But to the vast majority of us "work" is a means to an end Ermm   More folk these days though, are finding it harder to meet those ends Disapprove   And work is becoming an uphill battle Wacko    To keep the job, whilst retaining some "quality of life" Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Hear hear emzed   I've been signed off sick for a week but starting to definitely feel a lot better yesterday & today. The stuff that I've done that I just don't have the energy for when I've been working all day....cooking a decent meal for my family, sitting with them to eat....TALKING to my family!!! Hug   What a novelty....normally I'm too pooped and we all just go our own ways doing our own thing Unhappy   Oh well back to normal next week Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx

Hear hear emzed   I've been signed off sick for a week but starting to definitely feel a lot better yesterday & today. The stuff that I've done that I just don't have the energy for when I've been working all day....cooking a decent meal for my family, sitting with them to eat....TALKING to my family!!! Hug   What a novelty....normally I'm too pooped and we all just go our own ways doing our own thing Unhappy   Oh well back to normal next week Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                               
Minnie the Minx

oops, finger stutter lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Stuke's Profile
Stuke

Hey Minnie! you got to stop drinking in the afternoon!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

I used to work 60 hours plus a week yes the money was good but it was all a waste of time in my book, now I earn a lot less but work hell of a lot less as well. Been best decission I made, a lot happier plenty of free time, allows me to help care for my mum a lot more.
I now work to live and not live to work                                                                                                                                                                             
Stuke's Profile
Stuke

I think this topic is one for lying down and avoiding for most people!

Thought that may be the case! Smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Work is the curse of the drinking class  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n

Bill Hicks on work and bosses LOL   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9rgdVmrbM                                                                                                                                                                             
Stuke's Profile
Stuke

Good one Roost!

Am goin to have a lie down, the thought of work tomorrow makes me want to go horizontal!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I too used to work almost every hour of every day, whilst training and after i passed too. But the joys of my hard work ,and seeing folks leave hospital better healthwise, than they were when they were admitted made it so worth while...   Fab memories...Thumbs Up   So i have no complaints about work whatsoever im afraid....                                                                                                                                                                             
DukeZ's Profile
DukeZ

In: Wigan
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

I reckon comedians and travel journalists have the cushiest jobs!

Heres one though, who definately rings my bell when he talks about the so-called "job" of politician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07w9K2XR3f0&feature=...re=related

and an even better one that just sums up our existence-forget he's american cos this stuff just applies worldwide-funny and provocative at the same time-classic!!!  just spare a few minutes to watch this guy.

http://shoqvalue.com/george-carlin-on-the-american-drea...transcript

Stuke's Profile
Stuke

Good one DukeZ and Hi from the new dude Stuke!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh well......keeps the wolf from the door Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Stuke's Profile
Stuke

Forgot bout that one!

Hi Elliemay from Stuke the new dude!

Hope this link works, cause it really is worth listening to!

By Sandy Powell it is really old but fits the topic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqdKNhxwNY

Nowing me av botched it! LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hello Stuke the new dude Thumbs Up   Yes your right!!! you botched it  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Stuke's Profile
Stuke

Ohh Bugger! works on my email links!

So I guess am making hard work of it then!

(Bingo there's a saying at least!)

Back to the drawing board!

(There's another! eek am off on one!)

LOL  

lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 343 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption