new motorcycle licence

16 Posts | Latest reply on 07/08/2007 05:47:58 by fjr_graham | Go to original / last post
Mr Shaggy's Profile
Mr Shaggy

In: hampshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i am somewhat aware of the new regulations comming into force sometime this year.   is there anyone out there who has anu info on the changes and or requirements.                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Is this what you were after Mr Shaggy. http://www.dexteritytraining.co.uk/New_Motorcycle_Test_...t_2008.htm                                                                                                                                                                             
Mr Shaggy's Profile
Mr Shaggy

Ta Mate; its basically for Dragon (and my apprentice) as they both want to get this Motorcycle riding thing sorted out.   mr Shaggy                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

The sooner the better is plan i think Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
TAT2DVEGAN's Profile
TAT2DVEGAN

In: manchester

I better get my finger out and finish my lessons before these new changes :(                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

Too right . That would my answer to all of you who really have the bug. Don't arse about. Get it sorted.Thumbs Up I know for a few there are constraints. but as the man said. It aint gonna get cheaper or easier! Course, when i took my test there wasn't any training and i took it on a 250. The downside was though that there were very very few girls riding there own bikes then. girls riding there own bikes, whatever they are. is oh so cool!! Cool  Live the dream....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

new rules dont come in to effect till next october 08. but as there is only 2 super centres ready due to the size of the land they need to do it,this could be delayed,got that from the tester on my sons test last week.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

meanwhile the cost of CBT, theory test, bike lessons/hire (if you aint got your own) etc keeps on rising.   I was told today, by a bike school employee, that the theory test is going to include more questions and a hike in price to cover them, that's before the other new rules. Censored   At this rate it will be cheaper to hire a private jet to go to the local shop.                                                                                                                                                                               
witchypoo63's Profile
witchypoo63

In: Nr. Kendal

I'd best stop thinking about taking my test then, jeez that'll be an unusual step thinking & actually doing, instead of just daydreaming lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes all, I got through my test for an unrestricted licence a few months back and was told the changes that come into effect next October will make all stages more expensive and the test alot more detailed and therefore harder. So all you ppl out there in training or just thinking about it, get your skates on cos asap is the wisest advice anyone can give you.  Take it from one who's just been there, done that and got the t-shirt lol!!! (and talking to ppl who took their test a few years back, it just keeps getting more and more expensive and alot harder!!!) Good luck all and safe riding out there Sandy                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes all, I got through my test for an unrestricted licence a few months back and was told the changes that come into effect next October will make all stages more expensive and the test alot more detailed and therefore harder. So all you ppl out there in training or just thinking about it, get your skates on cos asap is the wisest advice anyone can give you.  Take it from one who's just been there, done that and got the t-shirt lol!!! (and talking to ppl who took their test a few years back, it just keeps getting more and more expensive and alot harder!!!) Good luck all and safe riding out there Sandy                                                                                                                                                                               
cbrbabe's Profile
cbrbabe

In: Bedfordshire

Bloody 'ell!! I've just had a look at that site....Jeez, How many of us who passed our tests years ago would be able to pass it when this new one comes into play? I doubt I would.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

agreed cbrbabe and I can confirm the one Ive just got through a few months back was tough enough so God help those taking tests next year!!! I guess though, its the same for those of us who took our car driving tests years ago - when I see what my daughter has just gone through to pass, Im sure most of us on the roads today would find it a major feat to pass their driving tests again.................... Sandy                                                                                                                                                                             
Mr Shaggy's Profile
Mr Shaggy

As myself and a few others on the site have had our licences for a number of years i really dont think i could passeither my car test or my bike test now. far to many bad habits.   when i went to book my test at the local training school i went on my much modified XS1100 lowrider !   when i enquired as to how much the test and or lessons were i was shocked then (it was a pretty penny then) but the look on the instructors face when i told him it was me who wnated to pass his test was an absolute picture!!!!   passed first time tho, (thank god)   Mr Shaggy                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

My bike test consisted of going round a village green a few times. A 20 yds at walking pace and an emergency stop. Then back the 500 yds to the test centre and a couple of pictures of traffic signs Thumbs Up And ya tell that to kids today, and they don't believe ya! Mind you 40 year old born again bikers weren't goin out on blades a day later and spreading themselves down the road. Can you imagine the carnage if they hadn't improved the test!! Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
fjr_graham's Profile
fjr_graham

In: Sheffield/Barnsl

just to add a little to this the cbt and theory/hazzard changes in october this year and the cost is set to rise This is from  the governing body who test das instructors ,and the instructors tests are set to change all before the restructuring of the practical test in october 2008 I have seen this as it was a email sent to a das / adi instructor My advice is if ya want to do it ,do it now !!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6055 seconds. There are 586 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption