Hello from sunny Barnsley!

9 Posts | Latest reply on 30/08/2012 12:58:35 by kaycat | Go to original / last post
Barbara's Profile
Barbara

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi folks,   Just joined so thought I should introduce myself, so that I could at least talk to other bikers, its an addiction, biking.   I'm Barbara, I can't ride, have always a willing pillion. Got into biking through my late husband, I'd never been on a bike before but we did 20k in our first year together.  Since then I'm a veteran tourer, France, the Alps, been to Spa, Assen, done the National Road Rally many times and even braved the Dragon Rally in 2010.   Was widowed suddenly last year so lost the chance to get out on a bike.  I am taking my CBT in 2 weeks, and will have to get a scooter, gears confuse me! Have taken CBT twice before, but never needed to get a bike or scooter as I went out with my late husband. Bless him, he did buy me a bike, couldn't ride it, so he got me a scooter but I was so scared on my own, (woss or what?).  Well, now I need to screw my courage to the sticking point and ride on my own or find someone close enough who's willing to take a risk with a pillion that they don't know.   Well, I've rambled, so will say bye for now and hope to chat with some of you later.                                                                                                                                                                                       
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Welcome to the madhouse Barbara LOL    I'm sure you'll fit in just fine Thumbs Up   Look on the events calendar and if you see one that you'd like to attend, put your name down for a lift Approve   Pop into the chat room one evening Smile   You'll receice a warm welcome Hug   Hang in there with the riding, don't give up Thumbs Up   Have a look at the "Affordable Training" topic Wink   You might find that it's just what you need Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Barbara's Profile
Barbara

Thank you for the welome Emzed.   Will have a look around the site and drop into the chat room.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

eyup Barbara & welcome to BM - I  see you've already dived in with ya boots on & Sandi is now knitting you a virtual Blonde wig LOL As Emz says check out the calendar & get to some events, there loads going on & get to our 2nd BM rally - K.I.S.S end of August, the last (first)one was a right blast Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Hiya and welcome to the mad house :)   Any questions then just PROD A MOD, list of staff at the bottom of the page :)   BJ x                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Ay up Barbara and a big Welcome to BM from a fellow Tyke! Hug   Good luck with you CBT, hopefully I will catch up with you soon, just a bit busy at the moment with work and sleeping.. lol, but like others have said, have a look at the forums/Events Calendar and see what you can get along to, you will be sure of a warm welcomeThumbs Up   Tek care Kaz                                                                                                                                                                              
Barbara's Profile
Barbara

Thanks everyone, its nice to feel welcome.

Can't make the KISS but I'll certainly be checking out the events and hopefully be able to get to Squires if I can manage to go out the road on my own without heading for fences or being too petrified to get out the garden (have done both in the past!)

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Welcome to the house Barbara loads still to do this year so grab a life jacket and jump in. As for riding there are plenty of ride outs to be done and we will take learners out and plan the route for them. Im sure you will find a few of us will be happy to take you out on to build up your confidence.                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

hi welcome jump in enjoy Wink                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 829 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption