Dent in the Dales

65 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2012 22:04:02 by Rooster roo | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Would love to come but I am skint lol ....and it's my birthday on Saturday so it would have been nice..never mind there's always another time!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I see we got another possible, hello Hell's Granny, so I'll see you all there.
I heading down after work so should be other there between 7 and 8.
Weather looking a bit naff for Friday so chances are we will be in the pub, suggest the Sun Inn.
I'll try and check here tomorrow before I set off.
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

oooerr...must admit I'm getting the collywobbles looking at the weather for tomorrow evening Unhappy   I have to ride via Sedbergh which is pretty high altitude...lovely road when the weather is good but you need your wits about you cos it's very twisty, wild and isolated.....and fog is forecast tomorrow evening Shocked   Also it was really gloomy & dark at 5pm today....instincts are kicking in and saying nay....tad too much of a challenge for little me on my 125 on my own-y-o Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Well bring the car and get the bike saturday after your lesson. We owe you a drink or five after your taxiness in the lakes.

Anyone heard from Roo? He's gone kinda quiet.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n

Im here Steve no worries should be up around 5 or 6pm all being well. I'll bring the sun up with me as it's out already down here at Costa Del Leicester see you guys later ride safe Thumbs Up

Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

Sorry,won't be able to make this one..Have a great time in Dent...there's some great biking roads round there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Hi all, sorry cant make this one now due to family commitments, but hope you all have a great time, i will be thinking of you. Ride safe.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Sorry folks I'm not going to make this after all Unhappy   Duke is in need of a clutch Disapprove   And C1 has gone off to the insurance assessors Cry   Have a great time, I hope the weather holds Thumbs Up   See you all sometime soon Wink                                                                                                                                                                               
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

Woke up in Dent to glorious sunshine! You'd feel at home here Emzed, we're sharing the camp site with an MZ owners rally!                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx

Hey, home after my gruelling errrrr 17 mile drive.   Dent is stunning stunning. Such lovely weather after such a foggy start Thumbs Up   Usual fab laffs with old & new friends, Salkeld soup and the home made bread lived up to it's reputation, Brough ginger crunch ice cream was out of this world....we really are such a sophistocated bunch aren't we.   Cheers for navigation down (and up!) some amazing roads and cheers for the pilly due to poorly little bike, and glad me and a certain irritation are speaking again.....just don't push it eh!   The stars last night on the stagger back from the pub....amazing. That's what I call a proper sky   Another first for me...riding on my own two wheels carrying all my camping gear. I am really rather chuffed with self.....just a shame I couldn't ride home on it too! Oh well, fingers crossed my bike is fixed soon without too much damage   Great to meet Centurian & Hells Granny & Simon.   A fab weekend Steve- thanks for pulling it together                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Cor that was good fun.
What next?

Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I'm gutted to have missed this Unhappy   MZ's too Geek   Thanks Centurion  Ermm   For telling me what I missed Tongue   I just knew the SUN would shine this weekend Wink   Well done Minnie  Hug Smile   Glad you all had such a great time Thumbs Up   Shame I didn't get to partake of the soup, bread and icecream Cry   Looks like I've got some "catching up" to do Approve   Roll on next weekend Party Beer Big smile                                                                                                                                                                                   
centurion's Profile
centurion

Good fun indeed, shame we couldn't make it over in time for the ride out and soup but still a good weekend none the less. Dent's WELL worth a return visit sometime, judging by the event photos there'll be at least one sheep awaiting my return!!Embarrassed!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nice one, Steve; really really enjoyed itThumbs UpClap   But I'll give the sloe gin a miss next time........................................Sick and stick to my usual half a shandyBeer                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Yes sorry about that XK.

But it was good to see you marching up and down outside the pubs with your "repent ye sinner", and "beware the demon drink" flags.

I think it's fair to say that the inaugural meeting BM Temperance Society was a huge success.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

But I think we'll have our work cut out getting that drunken hussy Pauline back on the straight and narrow.Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

Pauline says,
"Cheeky bugger, I'm DEFINITELY going to nick your bike now XK! LOL
And Steve, the Sloe Gin was very nice thank you, hic!" Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Rooster roo's Profile
Rooster roo

In: Nottingham for n

Cracking weekend spot on Steve Thumbs Up Really enjoyed it and meeting up with everyone everything was well thought out and organised from the rideout which was brill on some fantastic roads and scenery and legendary soup n ice cream at Brough Castle. Thank you all for your great company and roll on the next one can't wait..... Big smile Even enjoyed riding up there in the dark n fog Can highly recommend any event rideout Steve organises in the future.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I have a super sized 'slap' available for any who require it to be sent to any person, annoying or otherwise.......just let me know, 'tis a thing of  beauty!!!

Minnie the Minx

At the weekend you guys made lots of suggestions of bikes that had a low seat height and that could be lowered further.   I got so stuck in the way of thinking that my next bike would be a cruiser...but now I'm starting to think a bit broader. My best 125 riding buddy just bought an er5 and I'm jealous as feck lol   Can you recall some of the suggestions? Cos I think I'm ready to do a bit of research Cheers xx                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0156 seconds. There are 1470 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption