Hein Gericke UK go into Administration

46 Posts | Latest reply on 04/01/2013 08:30:19 by colin675 | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

from MCN:   Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration with buyers for the British arm of the German parent company now being sought. The administrators, Moorfields Corporate Recovery are looking to sell the business and have invited interested parties to get in touch by Monday 6th August. Simon Thomas, of Moorfields said “While on-going economic pressures have affected sales in recent years I am confident the business model has a lot of potential with a dedicated customer base and staff who are obviously passionate about working for the company”. The UK motorcycle clothing and accessory retailer trades under a license agreement and is separate from the German based parent company.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

I'm not surprised by this announcement Wink   I actually predicted it in Andy's thread about his Garmin Unhappy   I'll be interested to see how many retail outlets survive Ermm   And how much of their business is transfered "online" Smile   Thanks for the info Stella Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Stella, you've beaten me to it!
I've had a feeling all was not quite well for a while...there's been the exchanges on this site about HG backsliding over a faulty Garmin, and they seem to have been discounting like mad over the last few months.
Let's hope someone manages to salvage as much as possible.
Going into administration means that they're still open for business pending a rescue bid, so it's still OK to buy from them in safety.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

And Ive just filled in County Court Forms for my Garmin!!

Now what                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consum...dation.htm                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

According to scuttlebut on the PistonHeads forum, they were also a franchise operation. Again, that's something I've suspected for a while, but it would be sad if individual store owner/operators get hammered for decisions taken elsewhere.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Although their behaviour over the Garmin was unacceptable, I for one would miss HG since I've picked up a few bargains at their stores. All the special offers did smack of desperation, though.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

out of every dark cloud there comes a silver lining..

Had just finished sorting evidence and form filling for me County Court summons against HG when I read they in admin......dont panic dont panic!!!! as corp jones would say ..

I took my paperwork and drove to the store at Maidstone where I selected a very nice leather jacket from  the displays.
I asked at the desk for my Garmin Refund to be told no its still not sorted out...so I said I would like the jacket FOC in leiu.....staff not impressed!
I asked them to call Head Office customer service manager who was dealing with my refund apparently and said agree or disagree its what I going to do...he promptly told the staff to issue me with a receipt for 1P for the jacket (£440 worth) and out I walked happy to have got something from what looked like being a total loss.

Thankyou Hein Gerrike....a last its sorted!    phew                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Good drills that man!                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

Many thanks to the forum poster!!
I was sooo lucky.....just got a new jacket I hadnt plan to buy!                                                                                                                                                                             
Riggy66's Profile
Riggy66

In: Huddersfield

Nice one!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

From their website this evening:

A closing down sale with massive price cuts is being launched in-store, further details will be available via this website in the coming hours.

Doesn't sound too hopeful on the jobs front, but bargain hunters will be out in force!                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

hmm if I had chanced waiting maybe got jacket and the trousers too!!
but..they might have shut up shop completely...wasnt worth the risk..                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

I've just had to go past the local HG shop, so dropped in for a few minutes. Everything 20% off apart from lids which are only 10% off. Doesn't seem much more than their last sale anyway...when it gets to half price I'll be more interested.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I have just got an e-mail from them. Closing down Everything reduced Everthing must be sold All european stores continue to trade as normal                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

What I still can't get my head around is the fact that they are still trading "as normal" in Europe Wacko   With the Euro at an all time low (78p) one would expect that the UK would be in a "prime" position to take advantage of the currency difference Confused   Perhaps this has something to do with the euphemism "Treasure Island" Ermm   Where foreign traders saw/see Britain as an easy target for inflated prices Disapprove   Something which I pointed out in another thread, that when credit in the UK was "flowing like tap water" their sales (HG) were holding up Wink   But now that personal finances are being "reigned in" by most "ordinary" folk, their prices (HG's) are well beyond the reach of normal pockets without access to credit Ermm   Would the "average" BMer be able to go into their (HG's) shop and pay the £440 (Question) for a leather* jacket Ermm    * leather is a "bi-product" of the BEEF industry, itself being one of the largest industries in the "world economy", consequently there is a "glut" of hides  Shocked Did you ever see so much "leather" furniture on sale Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

ye tend to agree, leather gear does seem to be overpriced esp when labour costs to stitch it all together are either low or near zero if done by a computerised machine stitcher/cutter.
I for one wouldnt have paid over £400 for a jacket normaly.
Apparently its got a two year gtee against water ingress due to its fancy lining..hmm, just who do i return it to then!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

just been to HG in Brum - got a 2 piece goretex (well, their shelltex)suit for £140....it was their junior range mind, cos I'm such a short arse! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Thought for a moment you said shell suitLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

OOh I got some tools!!!!! Every bloke knows you can never have enough tools ;-)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7305 seconds. There are 466 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption