What was the first record you ever bought ?

67 Posts | Latest reply on 06/10/2012 00:36:59 by DukeZ | Go to original / last post
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

First single   Beatles    Please please me

First album  Otis Redding  Dock of the Bay

Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

My first single was Lets Hang on to what we got by the 4 Seasons.  It was a prize in a competition on a smiths crisps packet. I correctly counted the number of triangles in a geometric design Thumbs Up   My first album bought with gift token was the Voice of Scott Mackenzie   My first cd (when I had to replace albums I lost custody of in marital breakup....gggrrrrrr) Best of Van Morrison                                                                                                                                                                             
purplepeopleeater's Profile
purplepeopleeater

In: Lincolnshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

My first single....Puppy Love - Donny Osmond Big smile ........and I had the big 'Donny' poster on my wall until my big bro scratched Donny's eyes out after a squabble!       .........then I graduated to better music like Bay City Rollers!! lol LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

hmm dnt laff..
first 45 was...Rose Garden... Lynn Anderson!

First album I think was a Pickwick compilation Top of the Pops, had a predominantly blue cover with an Anna Rigg lookalike on the cover..prob still got it!
First artist on Vinyl album would have been Elton Johns Dnt Shoot Me...a great album.
the track 'teacher I need you' shoulda been a single!
Sold all my singles at a boot fair and now sorry.

First CD.  prob Brothers In Arms...Dire Straits..                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Have no idea it was that long ago.... I remember I liked buying the 'Top of the Pops' albums and still have them.   Funny looking at them now with my idol's names scrawled all over the covers!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Was it vinyl or wax cylinders back then BB??                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

And here we have BBZ demonstrating one of our latest television aerials.   You can come down off the roof now BBZ (Silly boy!) Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Can't do that Sandi, got to stay there till the end of the programme.                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

come on back on topic!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I remember my Dad sending me up to the record shop in 1973 for Leader Of The Gang by Gary Glitter Shocked I was only 8  awwww LOL   It wasn't until i heard Bat out of Hell on the radio in 1979 that i saved my paper round money and bought the album Approve I wore out the grooves by playing it over and over Big smile   Gone were the days of Mud , Showaddywaddy and the Bay City Rollers after i heard Meatloaf .. i'd been converted Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Noddy1's Profile
Noddy1

In: Halifax

Sugar Sugar, The Archies.......but I wont admit to it! EmbarrassedLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
nitro70's Profile
nitro70

In: Huddersfield

Mine was This town ain`t big enough for the both of us .. Sparks ..   Lp`s Bat out of Hell  and Quo . 12 Gold Bars CD Pink Floyd .. The Wall                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Queen ....................Seven Seas Of Rye                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Same era, (1973). Slade -  Skweeze me, pleeze me.                            That isn't a spelling mistake.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

First single was the double A side reissue of Bohemian Rhapsody / These are the Days of Our Lives that was rushed out after freddie died..
Lost that tape in a car fire years back, I was gutted!

First album? Pretty sure it was the London Philharmonic's interpretation of Holst's : (the) Planet's Suite..

Either that, or Bat out of Hell II...

What can I say! I have Eclectic tastes!                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I've just bought my first ever set of earphones in my whole life.  Tested em out on 'knockin on Heavens Door'   Guns n Roses  followed by 'Civil War'   Yeahhhhhhhh they work !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

First 2 LP's were Fog on the tyne Lindisfarne,,and Relics pink Floyd,                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

First LP Bryan Ferry's 'These Foolish Things'... have just HAD TO play it now, got it on in the back ground from youtube...awwww excellent.                                                                                                                                                                             
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

T rex - metal guru Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

1st LP was Deep Purple Made in Japan                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 667 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption