BM 2012 Fund Raising - Prostate Cancer UK

85 Posts | Latest reply on 04/09/2012 20:31:57 by newbikerchick | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hi all,  Firstly hope you are all enjoying the site and won't mind us asking you a big favour. After last year's successful fund raising we are hoping to do it again this year. Our aim is to reach £1000 and spread awareness at the same time for Prostate Cancer. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK. Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer ever year. 250,000 men are currently living with the disease.  We all know somebody who has been affected by Cancer and this is our chance to help in a small way.  Statistics also show men who ride motorbikes are a higher risk. All we ask of you, if possible, could you go to http://www.justgiving.com/Biker-MatchKISS and donate just £2 (min allowed to donate via this way) to help make more folk aware and help when its needed. Oh yes and if we reach the target figure, there will be 'Special Cabaret' on the Saturday night of the KISS Rally, not to be missed!!! -Biker Match Staff                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

As one the "higher risk" people suseptible to this desease Embarrassed   And as a gesture of gratitude for my upgrade (thanks Matt) Approve   I'm going to start the ball rolling by donating the £10 I would have spent on BM subs Wink   Come on folks Approve   You know it's all for a VERY worthy cause Thumbs Up   And I can't wait to see the "Cabaret" LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Thanks Jackie for organising all this again!!  Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just tried to donate Matt but nothing highlights enabling me to do so... Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Pleasure is all mine Boss Man   Cheers Emzed Thumbs Up   All i am going to say about the 'Special Cabaret' is you really do need a camera and a tissue !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Jen click on the link in the first post, will take you straight to the BM page :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorted it and donated ...x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Jackie.... x                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

mumbles and grumbles  still can't believe you have done this weekend the same as Stormin'  Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
aim 2 ride's Profile
aim 2 ride

In: wisbech

thats £10 well spent Thumbs Up very worthy cause , so come on folks every little helps Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Annie C's Profile
Annie C

In: Manchester

Worth every penny spent!!!Thumbs Up

My dad had his 1 yr all clear from prostate cancer just after January this year.Clap He was lucky as they caught it quite early on, but it was still a very, very difficult time for the family, especially my mum.

Massive amounts of healing karma and love to all those who may be going through this git of an illness right now!!!! Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
pistonbroke72's Profile
pistonbroke72

In: Southampton

Of course! This is a worthy and under publicised cause. Count me in> I'll try to make it to KISS, although I can't say for sure until I return from France. If I'm up to it, I'l be there.                                                                                                                                                                             
pistonbroke72's Profile
pistonbroke72

In: Southampton

Done!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Piston you will be there lol  or i will kiss you lots next time i see you !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Blimey £147 already, you guys are awesome Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

We need to put a "0" on the end of that Jax Thumbs Up   I'm sure we can Big smile   But well done so far Clap   Less than 24 hours that's a good start Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Emzed

I have faith we'll reach target :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ive donated a small amount, its easy to do and makes a difference!

We all have a loved one, dad, brother or friend who rides and as they are in a higher risk category - let's do it for them! Make it your good deed for the weekend!!!

Thumbs Up  Shaz xxx

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just donated ! - we've got to look after our loved ones  -
In whatever way we can.
Hug

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

21% already Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 597 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption