When are you taking your bike test?

230 Posts | Latest reply on 16/01/2013 23:26:07 by Saltaire | Go to original / last post
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

For all of you who nagged me yesterday about when I intend to take my bike test.....................

I've booked an assessment at my local riding school for this Sunday morning! Thumbs Up

As most of you will know, from 19th January 2013 the rules will be changing. I know that this is going to affect riders under 24 mainly, but if I take my test on my 125 before it all changes I will automatically have a full licence in 2 years (as I can't afford a bigger bike at the moment that suits me fine) 

So is there anyone else who will be making sure they do their test before next January?                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

well done lisa you will join the ranks no problem hun.Thumbs UpThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

Thanks ZZRbabe42

I just need to get some overtime in at work to pay for it now!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

hmm i know that one.everything is damn expensive and they are trying to make it as hard as poss for peeps to get full licence.but i got everything crossed for you to do it asap.Thumbs UpThumbs Upxx

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

But Lisa, that doesn't answer the question.

"when are you taking your test?" just give us the nod. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

LOLBig smile

NOD!
You can stop being so cheeky BBZ

You'll find out once it's all over and done with. Or do I mean I'll find out when it's all over and done with? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Just keep quiet dont tell him keep your Ls on then just turn up on a new bike. best of luck for the day                                                                                                                                                                             
MG Bandit's Profile
MG Bandit

All the best Lisa,go for it.                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

Thanks MG Bandit 

By the way, I've just found out Barnsley Bike show is on 29th July... 

See you and Jayne there?Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I've GOT to get my license before next January too Lisa....not making much progress at the moment though. I haven't even been on my bike for nearly 4 weeks   But definitely will get my finger out soon                                                                                                                                                                             
cw's Profile
cw

In: Manchester
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Who was nagging you i don't recall any nagging lots of nodding but no nagging                                                                                                                                                                              
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

I don't know what you mean Master CW, are you trying to besmirch my good Character. 

I don't recall any Nodding!!                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

@
jpharley I think I'll take your advice and not be letting anyone know till it's all over Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Lisa, I'm trying! Sooo want to get it done before the end of the year
Third attempt at mod 1 this morning was a fail, however Cry
Problems before were not getting up to speed on the manoeuvres.  Today I got up more than fast enough but locked back wheel and had a minor skid. Thought I'd kept it under control and didn't drop the bike but the man said it was a major fault so a fail

Feel like I'm getting worse rather than better!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

Keep going HRC, you know you can do it, just don't give up.

We'll celebrate together once we've passed Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was meant to take mine last week (or maybe the week before...my memory IS bad) but it got cancelled due to heavy heavy rain, haven't rearranged it again yet but think I will stay quiet about it this time in case I don't pass it first time......
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I want to get mine done by the end of the year, but its not looking very likely right now.
We will all get there :)
Im not telling anyone either till its done                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

HRC Don't worry you are pretty well there. You don't really need to use much rear braking.
I don't know how you felt, but each time you take mod one, I think the nerves are calmer, as you know what to expect. The next one will be a definate pass Thumbs Up   Good luck Ang Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
MG Bandit's Profile
MG Bandit

Yes Lisa we,ll see you there on 29thThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Lisa, I really need to pass mine before October or I have to do another Theory and CBT and I just can't afford it.   Who have you booked your assessment with?    How much does it cost to do your test on your own bike?    I did my test on a GS500 and did a course which cost £650.. there's no way I've got that kind of money to spend again, so it looks like doing it on Ziggy Confused                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 555 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption