Joey Dunlop

10 Posts | Latest reply on 05/07/2012 20:50:08 by kazninja | Go to original / last post
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Surprised no one picked up on this earlier but today is the aniversary of Joeys Passing. 12 years ago today.   Still the best! Geek                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

12 years! dont seem that long                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

nice almost religious debate who`s the best TT rider ?

bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepKg6ZfR_U&feature=...e=youtu.be                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Yes a truly great man, i had the pleasure of seeing him race in the NW 200 back in 2000 just before he sadly died. I remember going to joey's bar for a drink and looking at race bikes in there. Im the proud owner of a signed limited edition drawing of him and have a replica model of his SP1 also ltd edition. R.I.P (ride in peace) Joey.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Blimey,  if you'd asked me I'd have said about five years ago. RIP.

kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

was indeed 2000.....there was a ride out on the IOM last sunday to raise money for the Joey Dunlop Foundation i understand 1500+ bikes turned up....quite amazing when you think of the size of the place. If you'd like to know more about the work they do   http://www.joeydunlopfoundation.com/                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

sounds bad but I knew nothing about the foundation untill today thanks for the link Kwakgirl                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

ur welcome JP..... i think what a lot of people dont know about Joey is he did a lot of charity work...not high profile stuff but frequent runs out to eastern european orphanages with a truck load of food, toys and medicines....usually paying for the trip out of his own pocket and  driving the truck himself. his OBE was given for his humanitarian work not his racing achievements.
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

Went to nw 200 this year and very devoted to him are the locals, fab statues and grave sites, sad loss, got his stickers ready to put n my bike, looked a fab person/family.                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 1921 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption