NEW! T V Documentary, Superbikes, July 4th 2012

12 Posts | Latest reply on 04/07/2012 21:25:09 by Gloom | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

The golden age of superbike racing will be showcased when a new TV documentary, Superbikes! When Britain Ruled the World, gets its first screening on ITV4 on July 4th, 7pm /19:00Hours   The programme includes contributions from riders including Carl Fogarty, Frankie Chili and Neil Hodgson.   Documentary producer and writer Dan Moore, of Greenlight Television, said: “The 1990s saw World Superbikes become, without doubt, one of the most popular sports in the UK.   The British round of the series would regularly see more than 100,000 people pack the Brands Hatch race track to cheer on British racing stars such as four-time champion Carl Fogarty; the biggest crowd attendance of any sporting event in the British Isles. “The Isle of Man also drew the crowds as the circuit champions ventured out to the Island to race neck and neck on the infamous TT circuit. It was a decade of madness and mastery for British racers. “We saw an opportunity to lift the lid on a decade of magical moments, hair raising racing, personality clashes, inflated egos and rivalry that often went a step too far. “Our team has managed to bring together some of the sport’s most controversial and colourful characters, priceless anecdotes, superb archive footage and a very cool Nineties Britpop soundtrack.”                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thank you for this Sandi Thumbs Up   I will be watching this for sure .. Bet its brilliant...  ..x                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Y W Jen, I hope you enjoy it.   I forgot to add, in my first post, it's a WEDNESDAY, so if it's a bike nite remember to record the programme. I mean others, I know it's not a bike nite for you Jen lol   I may even watch it myself                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Would love it to be a bike night lol.. but hey ho ...i can watch instead  eh ...x                                                                                                                                                                             
gixergal's Profile
gixergal

In: North East Linco
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Thanks for the heads up Sandi. Not sure if the powers that be have changed the TV listings but according to Virgin it's on at 8pm.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Y W GG Big smile   Crikey it's not even aired yet and already it's a repeat LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
MG Bandit's Profile
MG Bandit

In: Barnsley

Sandi its not on at 7 its 8.Wondered if you could change time.Thumbs Up

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Sandi its not on at 7 its 8. Wondered if you could change time.Thumbs Up   I know I'm called 'Magic' but sadly no MG, I'm not able to change time LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Providing nothing else breaks down in my home, I will watch this, oh yea and hoping the TV licensing company don't cut my telly off.   I paid some bills yesterday and when I got home I realised the girl in the shop had paid my Home Contents Insurance instead of my TV payment! FGS!!  I don't have loadsa dosh so I've asked the insurance company to refund it, they say it could take 4 weeks!   If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

This documentary is on tonite folks, 8pm.   It's also repeated on Saturday the 7th July same time 8pm, same channel ITV4.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

am watching it now lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

Watched it and it brought back memories.
Thanks for posting

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 569 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption