Get your bike on the Centre Stand

13 Posts | Latest reply on 17/07/2012 11:41:04 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Is there a knack to getting a VFR800 on the centre stand, I never had a prob with my CBR.  Or am i just a wimp ?                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have no idea-tried getting my er5 on the centre stand but cant manage it no matter how much i huff and puff with my lardy 7 stone frame lol

Any tips?? Bearing in mind i have short arms lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

It's not about "muscle" peeps Shocked   It's "technique"  Thumbs Up   I'm quite slightly built and only 5' 8" 11 stone and I can get "almost" any bike onto it's centre stand Smile   The majority of modern bike have what are called a "tread down"  stands Approve   If I was there I could show you how Unhappy   Try to "stand" on the extender and let the wieght of the bike roll backwards whilst just "steadying" the bike with 1 hand on the bars and 1 on the grab handle or other convenient holding point  Thumbs Up   DONT try to "LIFT" the bike (you will only hurt yourself)  Shocked   Sorry I can't be of more practical help at the moment Unhappy   I did a few "demonstrations" at the "novice maintenance day" which BM had at Squires a couple of years ago Approve   Maybe it's time for another one Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

EMZ    I'll give that  go when i get home then in the privacy of my own garage lol  in case i eff it up.   Cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Emzed is right. Not about strength or height its technique.
I'm only 5' 4", bit heavier than Emzed though. Once you get it, it's there for good.
Had a centrestand fiited to my bike and I just put my right foot on the "sticking out bit" and then put all my weight on that foot, while easing the bike backwards. Make sure both feet of the stand are on the ground though
Just like he said
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Two things i would like to add. 1, Do not pull on the bars. 2, Make sure your toes are lower then your heel, so your weight goes down your leg to your toes, if your heel is lower your your weight goes they instead.                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

emzed you are correct hun.me im 5"5 and can easily get my zzr1100 on to the mainstand.brute force and ignorance only makes it harder.just relax let the bikes weight do the workBig smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

its easier to show than explain                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

no centre stand on tiger or speed four,but g5 guzzi has best design ever,no effort required whatsoever,nyah nyah !!                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

I still cant get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  maybe give me a demo if your at the pilly day ???  Mines the hideously yellow one.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Hi   I re-read all your comments on here again................just been out in me garage   SUCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   did it 3 times to ake sure.  Chuffed now.  Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Nice one A J Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Brilliant news AJ Thumbs Up   I knew you would "suss" it eventually Approve   And I'm even more pleased that you've done it on your own Clap                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 582 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption