Where, where, where

11 Posts | Latest reply on 22/06/2012 21:09:15 by JP | Go to original / last post
lionfish's Profile
lionfish

In: Cotswolds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well, according to the weatherman, tomorrow (Saturday 23rd) is going to be the only dry one for a while.  So I would like suggestions for a rideout from the swindon area.  Lasting a couple of hours (outbound) no motorways allowed (hate them with a passion) preferably with a cuppa at the endWink.  Then turn round & head back before the rains return.  My preference is for fast & bendy. (roads that isShocked   So peoples help me out.......I always like somewhere to aim for when I go for a blast.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Salsbury Cathedral via Marlborough... stopping in Marlborough for coffee.. just look for rows of bikes and make new friends.. finishing off at the Red Lion in Avesbury for omg carrot cake...   Lush.. Lush.. Lush and very jealous!!                                                                                                                                                                             
lionfish's Profile
lionfish

Sorry Lush, i can make marl'bro in 10 minutes.  Good Jazz/Blues weekend on there next month.  Do they allow bikes in the Cathedral then?  The road back from Avebury is a good one though.                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

You can take your bike right up the the Cathedral Doors lovely.. going through the archway where cars don't is really rather yummy lol ~ But Marlborough.. pointless for you like you say.. that's like me going to Tesco's...                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Oxford Warwick Stratford then out to Evesham and long loop back home                                                                                                                                                                              
lionfish's Profile
lionfish

Not so sure about the first half of that JP A420Thumbs Down.  Evesham & back has some nice roads though......wheres the"T"Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Dom's bike stop in Leominster, via Gloucester and Ledbury? Lovely cup of tea! Not sure what the roads are like, my bike does fast but not bendy!                                                                                                                                                                             
lionfish's Profile
lionfish

That wouldn't be something to do with a serious lack of ground clearance would it hogSmile Took a soft tail springer to the Swiss Alps a few years back.....bad ideaThumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Thats the price you pay for living in swindon the A420 lol but the old roads out of oxford the A4100/A3400 are good roads and most garages do tea coffie now                                                                                                                                                                             
lionfish's Profile
lionfish

Tell me about it JP,  i'm a Cheshire boy originally.  I do know some nice roads but my usual riding buddy isn't available & if i'm on my lonesome I like a destination  to head for rather than just winging it & fancied a change. 
JP's Profile
JP

Just get a dart and map                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 609 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption