Affordable Training

144 Posts | Latest reply on 05/10/2012 22:56:56 by lisaj | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

It never ceases to amaze me how many more ladies are taking to two wheels these days But a constant cry is the horrendous expense involved, even just to get a CBT Then the cost of the rest of the hoops. you're made to jump through I'm amazed we've managed to accumulate as many as we have   I'm sure there are many ladies out there ...... Wishing that the expense of training could be more affordable ? What if I told you I might have solution ?   Well I think I might have come up with, if not a solution. then at least an alternative to what might be the norm   Would anyone be interested in training at a "residential" course   Cheap/free ? accommodation Weekend CBT course Weekend Mod 1 & Mod 2   Transport to and from the site would need to be arranged separately but there could be the possibility of a shared mini bus or car sharing All depending on how far apart the interested parties are from each other   It might get some people on the road a bit cheaper Wink   PM me if you are interested  If there are sufficient numbers to make it viable I'll take it further and tell you more                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

That's very thoughtful of you Em Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awww ... 3 big cheers for em Clap.. how good is that ?
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Emz I want my full license more than anything,  but money is a major factor for me.     I would definately be interested in thisThumbs Up  Anything that will help me through my test is more than welcome. Smile and I'm sure there will be a few more interested in this.                                                                                                                                                                                  
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

Omg Emzed..   I was going to wait till David got home and ring him about my experience today... ~ I booked in for my CBT (although not telling you when just in case its a crap day and I don't get through) but..   the guy who booked me in.. he was awful.. Ive met him before and I just think that he doesnt like me.. I was totally humiliated this morning.. thankfully I wont be doing my CBT with him.. but he is one of the trainers and all Ive been thinking about all day since is how uncomfortable I am going to feel being taught by him.. and I want to enjoy it.. not fret about it.. which Im already doing which is why Im waiting for David to get home so I can tell him the full story... then XK sent me here!!   So in a smaller paragraph.. Hell Yeah!! Please please please.. I will do my CBT as already booked and payed for but definately want to do the others as a weekend long course.. Even if I'm not ready to do the tests I would far rather this than have the nevous anxiety I am getting about the other... Bless you!! Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Good to hear of your interest in this idea RCL  Thumbs Up   Sad and angry to hear of your appalling treatment by the test centre  **shole  who gave you a hard time Angry   There  is no place for that sort of attitude in the "test" environment Disapprove   It's hard enough without negative abusive or indifferent test centre staff Unhappy   Keep yer chin up girl, stick to what you KNOW you can DO WELL Approve   After your CBT the rest of your training should/will be a pleasure Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Rockchick that is awful what you had to go through with that instructor, how dare he! You are a valued customer/client to them and they should treat you as such.  If there is a chance you can get a refund you should cancel it now!
Im lucky, I went for an independent instructor who did my CBT, I actually only did my CBT in Feb this year as here in NI it didn't come into force until then so I was riding my bike for months before I had to do it.
Em's idea sounds fantastic go for it!!!
And cancel that other one if you can, they don't deserve your time!
XX
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

YES PLEASE, I'd definitely be interested, even if I manage to get my mod 1 passed before this was to take place. It would be great to get my mod2 done with lots of lovely people surrounding and supporting each other.  
Hug

buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

In: benfleet essex
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

hi  rockchick dont  pannick  about  cbt  .. t  is  for training  and  not  test . there fore you  can not  fail  cbt .. it just  takes some ppl a little longer to  complete the  full  syllabus  than  others .  however there are schools that  will  fail  you  if  you  fall  behind  in your  group . this  is  bang  out  of  order and  should  not  be  done . i  would  suggest  you  ask  your  training school  what  procedures they  have  if you  fall  behind  , or  make a mistake during the  training ?? ..   http://youtu.be/I0AZ98PwaCs    once  you  passed  cbt . it will be  mod 1  time .  take a look at  a  vid  i  made  last  sunday .   buzz                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Some good vids on that link, buzzThumbs Up   I've done my CBT twice, first one expired and current one expires in October and I've done my DAS but failed on the Censored speed !Angry and having watched the training videos, I realised I've probably lapsed a bit on my riding, ie I don't do my shoulder checks as often as I should and I tend to put my right foot down at lights etc, so I definately need a pre-test refresher.   I think a weekend training is a great idea, when can we start??? Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

thankyou karey   when  you  say  speed  , i take  it  you was too  slow  ?? the  shoulder check :-   blind spot  check . to  be  done  when  noticably changing  position in the  road   lifesaver to  be  done  when  unsure  whats  behind you  or if there is  room for  a  vehicle to  be  in the  area  that  your  turning towards.   and  as you  correctly stated , the left foot  should  be  the  prefered foot to  go  down  when  stopping , because you  will  be  using  only  the front  brake to  bring yourself to  a stop in the  last  few  feet , and  it  should  be  the  rear  brake .and  how  can  you  do  that  if  its  on the  road . Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

Its a shame some training schools act in shall we say a less professional manner, interesting comment that some schools fail you should you fall behind, I am shocked as not heard of that one. I agree with buzz, it is bang out of order. The training scheme i volunteer for are all volunteers we do it for the love of it and not for proffit. some trainees will need a lot more practice than others to complete the CBT and training should be at the trainees pace to ensure they complete all the elements to the required standard. Once again agree with buzz... Compulsay basic training  not test.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Yeh buzz, my speed was 46kph and 44kph, just not fast enough Thumbs Down
I do remember my lifesavers/ blind spot checks when overtaking and coming off roundabouts, turning into side roads etc, but don't always remember to look left and right before setting off, although I do look over my right shoulder.   With regards my right foot down, I just seem to feel unstable with my right foot on the brake, I've even mastered a hill start holding my legs against the footpegs before I set off Wink  but I'm consciously trying to regain the taught way of riding..lol      Like I said, I have a few 'bad habits' that need correctingSmile                                                                                                                                                                               
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

if  you  do  blind spot  check   usually  over right  shoulder b4  pulling away  that  is  just  fine  (no  worries)  . maybe if  you  lean the  bike  more to  the  left with  your  left foot  down  that  will  help  with  stability  (and  confidence)   re  hillstart ,  have  you  been taught  the "hendon shuffle" a recognised  proceedure since  the  70s  ?   im sure  within  2 hours  i  can  get  you  doing  55- 57 kph   with  a  smile  on your  face  Big smile..   hopefully  training  starts  soon                                                                                                                                                                               
Karey's Profile
Karey

Nope never head of the 'Hendon Shuffle' Confused     I'm always smiling when I'm out on my bike, except when I failed  my test Unhappy     Well I look forward to taking part in this training, as and whenThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

well  thanks  to   em . its  looking  good  that  we can  get a good  sized  group  together  to  address  a wide  variety  of  issues .   and  have  alot  of  fun at  the  same  time  (very important)                                                                                                                                                                              
buzz_sp1's Profile
buzz_sp1

sorry  sweeny  todd . ive  only  just  seen your  post  , it  got  lost  on the  page  switch  .  am  glad  to  meet  another  volunteer  instructor. also  good  to  hear  of  another   surviving  voluntry school .  not  many  of  us  left  ..  maybe  you  will  be  interested  in helping  out  on  emzed  campagne .. have  you  got   "c"  qualification  ?? or  down trained  , it  doesnt  matter  either way , your  skills  will  be  needed   to  help  out  for  this  popular  weekend ..
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

It took me 3 attempts at my CBT and I only paid once for it.  I dropped the bike first time, totally lost confidence the second time and the third time I ended up doing it on a scooter.  I paid for a lesson on a scooter just to get my confidence back. Went back inside all ready to go home when the instructor asked if I was in a rush and did I want a little try out on the road, a couple of hours later he was handing me my CBT certificate Clap  I didn't stop grinning for the rest of the day

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

well I'd be interested in this - been putting off going for my test for far too long & have only done 100k's since last year Embarrassed....I even keep putting off doing my theory & hazzard perception test cos I don't like the hazzard perception test...Ermm lol   Emz - I know it's late - but welcome back Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sweeny Todd's Profile
Sweeny Todd

In: Leicester

No worries Buzz. I am down trained but my yellow card expired now, i still instruct but dont do CBTs now, due to lack of spare Sundays. I tend to teach 125 training now and do referals from the get on campaign where people can have an hours free off road trial to see if they would like to ride bikes and take further training. I am happy to help out if i can,                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 822 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption