Lindisfarne BM Event..

42 Posts | Latest reply on 12/06/2012 15:35:19 by rossoandy21 | Go to original / last post
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Lindisfarne from Bamburgh Castle Holy Island Causeway Lindisfarne Castle LobsterPots and Castles. Holy Island.   Gutted.. as will Simon be.. ~ Had wanted to organise an Event on Lindisfarne itself.. but they don't have Camping Facilities for more than Five Tents... and the one just off the causeway has a no noise policy at 10.30pm.. and I can imagine trying to keep it down would cause much hilarity but likely find us homeless in the middle of the night...   Any ideas as to what folk would and wouldnt do.. i.e. further afield.. B&B's.. how much would you pay... What facilities are a must on a Campsite if I can find one that lives after dusk.. is a pub/club house essential.. bands had been mentioned.. and just generally if anyone would be up for this next year... Does it interest you at all at all at all...   Ps. The Northumberland Coastal Route has some beyond beautiful ride outs Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi honey, the only thing I need is a loo Big smile   I'm not worried about a band or club house. Be nice to be able to have a drink, so pub would be good!! Beer   Well done you for this post!! Just remember you will not be able to please everyone. I find its best to go look around a place and if it feels good to you, then job done! Thumbs Up   Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Ohhhhhhhh thank you for your words of encouragement Elliemay!! Hug   Top Tip too for looking around there.. and getting a feel for it... that I can doooo Thumbs Up   Oh.. and the Loo.. yeah.. can guarantee one of those too!                                                                                                                                                                               
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Oooooh...Northumberland, wanted to camp there for a while now and not got round to it yet. My parents and grandparents are from that neck  of the woods, and I spent a fair bit of time there as a nipper. Would be good to stay a while again...

And what Ellie says goes for me too...A loo.
Has to be to 24hr though, and ideally not a chem, what with the way my guts play up Embarrassed
Not fussed about a pub either, I'm quite happy not to go anywhere near one...                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious

Hmmmmm... soooo it could be a simple as finding a field.. turfing a granny out of her cottage for the weekend and bobs your uncle... 24 hour toilet facilities and a larder full of cake... Will get right on it.. Thumbs Up   Oh the cake is a must for me.. no event would be complete without it... and I truly appreciate the comments too.. think I might have been making this harder for myself than it actually needs to be..   Thank You Sharky!! Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

The barn at beal was hosting a bike rally recently, they are close to the island. Don't know how that went or what is like ( I had kid commitments) . Anyone got more info....?                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Keep at it girl Smile   You get my vote Thumbs Up   For sheer persistance Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

Wonder how many of us we could squeeze into that hut on the causeway, it would be cozy!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

We could go for a "Guiness World Record" Wacko 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

How about hiring a caravan or more?   Privately-owned caravans are available at Haggerston Castle Holiday Park, Beal. Approx £200 for a weekend off peak ie mid- sept to end oct; 3 bedrooms.                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Caravan & the facilities at Haggerston sound good.  Like Sharky i'd love to have a stay around that area (and about the loo as well Embarrassed).    Definitely count me in - with good company it'll be a great event where ever you arrange it Anne.  Can't wait for this one,  a new area to explore, Lindisfarne has always been on my list of to do's, to date haven't managed it yet.   If I can help in any way, just give me a shout Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Laffo posted in your learner ride thead RC. Bless him he's over-worked Cry   The Weardale in is home to the Mad Axeman Rally for the last couple of years, good meet up point and not far from decent roads, Hartside cafe, Hawes, Sedbergh, Devils, Durham etc... Perhaps give them a bell and ask for a deal like Squires, ie: we eat and drink at your place/we camp for free?...I cant do anything untill Monday but would be happy to oblige in helping out with owt'.   So there's that one to bear in mind.   But could also be worth considering the Tan Hill Inn. I know it's a long way from Lindisfarne...42 miles from Newcastle. But there's free camping & use of the pub. We've had bm events there before and sometimes there's a band on. last Saturday there was a band which had original members of 'Lindisfarne' in the line up, interestingly enough. It was also full of Geordies lol....you also get free entertainment from the the whacky and rather unique pub staff Wacko   You could organise a ride out via Middleton in Teesdale / High force and then on up to the gorgeous Northumberland coast   Just a suggestion.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ohhhh please don't do this untill i've got a bike. I went to Warkworth in Feb, and explored by car. I'd love to go back by bike. I demand tis on hold till i pass my test, or someone gives me a pilly!!!!Smile Pretty Please.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

looks a good un                                                                                                                                                                             
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

WARNING !!!! DO NOT BOOK INTO ROBINS NEST !!!!! LONG STORY BUT JUST DON'T ! TRUST ME ! Thumbs Down lol HB x
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

There is some good camping sites in Alnwick which is a great base for the area. The town is gorgeous. The castle and gardens are amazing and since it's just off the A1 it's easy to get to. 
This is a good setting off point for Lindisfarne,  or Seahouses, or Rothbury......

And...for the literati, it's got the best bookshop in the whole of Britain, in the old railway station                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Oh that bookshop is AMAZING! Forgot all about it. I love Alnmouth and the Famous Schooner Inn (haunted....but charming rather than spooky), Craster Kippers and those funny little fishermen's huts made of half a boat stood up on it's end with a door on the front!, Dunstanborough castle, Seahouses (bestest bestest old fashioned metal beach spades just like when we were kids)
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

Oh and Tan Hill pub ... however far it is from Lindisfarne.... the clientele!!! I love pubs where sheep and chickens can wander around..... I do !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It must be close on 100 miles, Cathy...Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
lawnmower's Profile
lawnmower

In: Nirvana
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Lindisfarne is mind blowing - you can feel and breathe the history of the place.   Met the teletubbies there once (long story, but absolutely true).   Bamburgh castle and beach are lovely too.   Took the kids to Haggerston caravan park many moons ago.   They had a great time, but wondered why everyone "talked funny" - they dow spake loike us theeer.

Definitely a "maybe" from me on this one subject to kids, dosh, wheels blah blah yawn. 

x x x

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.5156 seconds. There are 558 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption