Blimey - no bike licence needed

7 Posts | Latest reply on 10/06/2012 23:13:04 by davidneale | Go to original / last post
SouthLondonPhil's Profile
SouthLondonPhil

In: SE London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://www.mp3citytours.co.uk/easy-to-ride/ Apart from being hideous, this is being marketed all over the place with the prime benefit being that you don't need a bike licence.   From their blurb: "All you need to be able to ride the Piaggio MP3 LT is a standard UK car licence, no bike licence or previous riding experience is required"   Not even that, but touting it as a benefit that you don't need any experience?!   The mind boggles                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

My MP3 plays music Confused lol                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

Anyone know why its exempt from needing a bike licence?                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

The foot brake mechanism of the Piaggio MP3 LT also offers confidence to car drivers new to scooter travel and means that no bike licence is needed. (Ad blurb) Apparently their footbrake means it's a car but not a car??   They still won't be able to filter as good as a bike..                                                                                                                                                                             
rockchickeelicious's Profile
rockchickeelicious

In: Newcastle

I'm so desperate to get out on a Bike.. that I almost.. Almost thought this was a good idea.. until reality set in again and I realised I'd look a complete *** on it.. as would anyone else... ~ Aquarians.. impulsive wee things we are... Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

The reason you don't need a bike licence is to do with the wheel span between the front wheels, which i think is 64" inches, so it's classed as a trike.
The early ones had a smaller span and you still need a bike licence to ride them. What they don't tell you you're not allow in bus lanes and you have to pay congestion tax.                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

So if you can drive one on a car licence, is a crash helmet compulsory?   It seems to me that this ridicules any of the new bike tests.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 1156 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption