Coming to a Street near you

19 Posts | Latest reply on 20/05/2012 13:25:13 by mizzi | Go to original / last post
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

I haven’t really got caught up in the excitement of the Olympics but knowing that I’m not able to see the torch’s travels when it comes to my town I found I was disappointed Unhappy. I've decided that as this is an historic event that I would like to be a part of I will travel a little further to witness a once in a lifetime event  Big smile For anyone interested in the Torch’s journey click on the link where you can find the date, area, along with the time and street name! http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day1                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I certainly wont be bothering to watch the opening ceremony, if I wanted to watch several hundred folks who havn't worked for the past 4 years wonder around in tracksuits I'd just sit in our town centre any Saturday Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

mmmm tickets and souvenirs made abroad and we get to pay for it all                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

Oh gawd is this going to get all political Stern Smile.    I was only thinking of the occasion, nothing else Thumbs Up and just wanted to share the information with others that might be interested Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

happy to support our country SHAME the organisers think different                                                                                                                                                                              
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Just looked at the route & the torch will pass the end of my road....I'll be in Poland then, though Thumbs Up
Glad I'm not about cos it's at 8.30 in the morning....just when I'm normally leaving for work....the air would be blue   Sorry BB....my patriotism shows itself in other ways Smile   Happily I'm working on the jubilee bank holiday....yeay, double time!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Looking forwards to nice empty roads when the olympics are on! I'll not be sat at home watching any of it but out on the bike (assuming its not raining!) Goes for the jubilee stuff too....                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

i'll see you out there somewhere sprint,got better things to do than watch telly....love and kisses,xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Thanks BB.....luckily will be passing quite close to me and I'll be looking forward to seeing it. :>>                                                                                                                                                                             
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

well on a completley diffrent note the olympic comittee have comissioned a bell to be cast for the opening ceromony and true to british tradition instead of having it cast in taylorsbell foundry the biggest and only purpose built bell foundry in the world in loughborough they ahve given the contract to whitechapel in london who have asked a bell foundry in holland to cast it as they are not capable LOL how pathetic and truly british for the london olympicsThumbs Down well done Thumbs Down

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

sounds about right for the current bunch of freeloaders we call goernment!! sorry,blackberry,but nobody actually likes this government or their lackeys and if we go the same way after like greece then see you on the same dole queue...............p.s. not political,just fed up
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Come on folks don't pee on Blackberry's bonfire, she just wants to celebrate the occasion, please, leave the politics out of it eh? Smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

SORRY!!!!EmbarrassedHeartCryblackberry,just a sore spot. xx
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

im saying nowt                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

It would appear Olympic Euphoria isn't too contagious Karen....   I for one will not be unpacking my red, white and blue pom-pomsThumbs Down.   'cept of course for Missy Queeny Jubilee PartyPartyBeer..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for the info Karen, very helpful Big smile   It looks as if I get to see it twice Thumbs Up (I know, I'm greedy) 4th July it will come past my work and then the 5th July it passes at the bottom of my road LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

Thing is Dave I was only giving information for the Torch lol, I'm not *rsed about the politics of it all... just my simple mind me thinks LOL.   Pleased to be of use Elaine Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thing is, we will never have this happen again in our life time! its a one off. I like you, am not interested about the politic's of it all, just the history!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Karen fantastic idea for us far too lazy to hav to search for said torches progress....

Unfortunately working far too much to see the light tho...

Methinks i need a holiday rather than frying my brain with mastering the lights on machines at work....thankfully managed not to turn the intubators or haemofilters off yet!

Keep smiling karen-i luffs ya :-) lol

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 459 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption