Reminder: Event photos guidelines

54 Posts | Latest reply on 30/07/2012 11:37:58 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

DNS - Domain Name Server - when you type in a web address it is the server that resolves it turning it into an IP address and forwarding you to the correct place - and the geek shall be setteth free wahoooooooo                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

lololol @ Jackies end comment LOL xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

actually the S stands for SYSTEM.

But you do get DNS servers... they're the servers which serve the DNS (Dynamic Naming System).

7/10 for effort though Jackie.  Could try harder in future.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Ok i'll accept i am only 1/2 a geek Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

you may only be half a geek but your a complete Brummie                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

still trying to work out which is the biggest insult!! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

hmmm, lookin at my trusty old SLR an thinking just how do I upload a 36 shot film lol!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Andy, ask Matt. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   MATT SAID:   We have thousands of new photos being added every week to the calendar and many of them really don't need to be. When uploading photos to the calendar, please think about the following... Duplicates - has someone else posted a near-identical photo? We don't need 50 photos of one person doing a karaoke! Quality - don't upload photos that are out of focus and unrecognisable Cropping - if you know how to, spend a few minutes cropping your photos on your PC before uploading Be Considerate - don't upload photos of people in a bad light, drunk and falling over at 4am! Have some respect for your BM friends. Would you want the same photo uploaded if it was YOU in it? Try to get permission from others before posting photos of them. Children - do not post photos of children unless it's you with your own children. BEST photos only - especially important at large events!! The calendar is NOT a drag-and-drop dumping ground for your entire memory card! If 200 people each post 200 photos - that's 40,000 photos for ONE event! Who will bother looking through 500 pages of photos? Just select your top 10%. If we all follow these basic, simple guidelines it will make the calendar much tidier and photos much more fun to look through. These aren't RULES before anyone accuses me of being an authoritarian again, just simple guidelines and good netiquette. Thanks -Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

hmm thats me out then......I dnt take great pics and use lowest quality on camera as memory card not huge......                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

jesus man get a bigger memory card  LOL  For 20 quid you get a card that will hold 10,000 images on a high quality setting                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

ROFL @ Matt calling Andy by my name 'Jesus' Have I been promoted to 'oh god'? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

My camera woz on telly. Flog it as it 'appens. Wot's a memory card?

Ref' the guidelines, I enjoy seeing people in embarrassing situations!!!!Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

whats a memory card?stuff that ,what's a memory-mine self erased in 2009 and doesn't want to come back,hence flooding my profile with pics all the time,might have to ask for a compost corner to recycle them in....                                                                                                                                                                             
hurtz's Profile
hurtz

In: Farnborough

I like looking through the event pictures and as a newbie to the events, they can help to enthuse some of us into going.
I would not look through loads of pages, I'd probably loose complete interest!

I can not see the harm in guidelines anyway.. and especially when they are so clearly listed.

As a teetotaler.. ahem. I have no worries about drunken pictures Beerbut the reassurance of guidance on this helps.. I have no wish to see any evidence to the contrary.Embarrassed

on a lighter note...
Matt can I request that u go back your other profile pic. We could vote on which one, although I am sure of the one I liked best.Wink

Matt's Profile
Matt

lol which profile pic?  I've had many in recent weeks - keep changing it to confuse people  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
cyc's Profile
cyc

In: Leyland

is there any guide line to the amount of pics you can load.
just got back from the TT so have one or two pics LOL

Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

No limit on how many you can upload cyc, but save the servers a bit and try not to upload duplicates of the same photo.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Please, no blurred photos, or ones where it's just backs of heads.   The whole idea of the photo tags is so that everyone knows who is who, it's for identification, therefor no point tagging the back of a head or someone's backside. Smile                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

And no "nothing" photos (let's call them), of just random crap.  Like a table leg or a bird.  Take your top 10% photos and add them                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

but you can upload any piccy of me you might have LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 545 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption