Reminder: Event photos guidelines

54 Posts | Latest reply on 30/07/2012 11:37:58 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Just a reminder to everyone as we're approaching the biking season....

We have thousands of new photos being added every week to the calendar and many of them really don't need to be.

When uploading photos to the calendar, please think about the following...

Duplicates - has someone else posted a near-identical photo? We don't need 50 photos of one person doing a karaoke!Quality - don't upload photos that are out of focus and unrecognisableCropping - if you know how to, spend a few minutes cropping your photos on your PC before uploadingBe Considerate - don't upload photos of people in a bad light, drunk and falling over at 4am!  Have some respect for your BM friends. Would you want the same photo uploaded if it was YOU in it?  Try to get permission from others before posting photos of them.Children - do not post photos of children unless it's you with your own children.BEST photos only - especially important at large events!!  The calendar is NOT a drag-and-drop dumping ground for your entire memory card!  If 200 people each post 200 photos - that's 40,000 photos for ONE event! Who will bother looking through 500 pages of photos?  Just select your top 10%.
If we all follow these basic, simple guidelines it will make the calendar much tidier and photos much more fun to look through.

These aren't RULES before anyone accuses me of being an authoritarian again, just simple guidelines and good netiquette.

Thanks
-Matt                                                                                                                                                                              
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt can we include this rule / guideline as well for he folks who do not want their photo's taken /published online.

Photos solely of other people - If you are uploading pictures of other people, please bear in mind that some folk do not like having their photos taken and you wouldn't want people putting your worst picture on THEIR profile would you? If in doubt ask them first.

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

comes under "Be Considerate" i think  :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

I agree it should Boss Man but Jabecs is right, it doesnt hurt to remind folk :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

As I have said repeatedly, photos of children, according to site rules, are not allowed unless they are pics of you with your own kids.  That is not what is said above.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

updated, what we think now?

I've put - TRY to get permission from others before posting photos of them.

Why TRY? cos it's impossible to get written permission from everyone!  I show people a photo on my camera screen, if they don't like it they can decide there and then and i'll delete it. If they nod their head or don't wanna bother looking as im showing them then that's permission in my opinion (and legally as well).  I still go through all photos on my computer's big screen to remove bad ones                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Have just tried to upload some pics from NABD 21 but  when I try and click on the pics they keep jumping about and won't let me  Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha what?  Sorry but that must be your PC  LOL  Would love to see this phenomenon though - dancing images haha                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

OI !!!!!   it's not funny young whipper snapper  Stern Smile will try again tomorrow  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

Right........  Google Chrome wouldn't let me upload the pics  soooooooooooo  went back to IE and re-downloaded the uploader thingy and Hey Presto pics are on  ( my head hurts  Wacko )                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I re set my own DNS today, have no clue what or why, does that make me a geek ???

Nice one for doing it Anneka :)

Matt's Profile
Matt

Anneka - sounds like your Java engine might be corrupt.  Go to java.com while using Google Chrome and reinstall/update.

Jackie - it does if you can explain to me (without google) what DNS does.   If you (honestly) can tell me I'll buy you a beer (coffee, i know)!  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

DNS easy   does not start                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

ooo ooooo oooo I know, I know - jumps up & down waving hand madly in the air Big smile Boss Man, does this mean I get a beer??? Beer                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Beer for me too Matt (please) lol. Cos i knows it also !                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

It means i can use email and internet lol

Therefore  DNS stands for Dosses n Surfs :)

Need to get this right, or Mr Ken and Squashy will tut at me !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol so close Jackie yet so far away.  Bless  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

You're all wrong, DNS means Don't Nag Sandi LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol that's the best one Clap

Anyone else?  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

DNS - DO NOT STRIP Dead                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 559 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption