Events Section

91 Posts | Latest reply on 27/08/2007 08:38:52 by Berks_Biker | Go to original / last post
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

nice one matt Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Berks_Biker's Profile
Berks_Biker

In: Matlock
35% Karma35% Karma 35% Karma35% Karma

Matt, on reconsideration I think we should keep the Pub/Cafe and the Informal entries separate, but a rename may be in order.  How about this (list in alphabetical order):

Advanced Riding Meets
for improving your riding
Bike Shows/Exhibitions
all indoor events
Biker Rallies/Festivals
all outdoor events
Club Meets
like owner's clubs
Dance Events
(for John Travolta want to be's Cool )
House Parties
organised by individuals
Informal (Irregular) Gatherings
for irregular gatherings
Longer Trips/Weekends
including trips abroad
Pub/Cafe (Regular) Meets
for regular gatherings
Racing Events
for watching
Ride-Outs
enjoying the British roads
Rock Gigs
(for head bang-ers/-ing Smile )
Speed Dating
what this site is all about
Track Days
to have fun on the track

So, maybe Pub/Cafe Meets could have the word Regular added, and the Informal have the word Irregular added, or some similar types of words, should cure the confusion.

Until someone comes up with other Categories, I think you've got most things covered.

Well done, Thumbs Up

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea, i was thinking that the informal gatherings was for like Matlock bath meets etc, where there is no specific pub/cafe but just a general herd of bikers lol.  It is however quite regular now.  So that will cause confusion.   Oh i don't know anymore! Why is life so hard mummy?  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Which 'mummy' are you asking? illogical (aka Kwak) or biological? pml   Why 'SPEED DATING' events? No one on here has ever organised one, would anyone on here go if someone did?   BTW it's RIDES OUT not ride outs Tongue who's being picky?? Not moi!                                                                                                                                                                                
Berks_Biker's Profile
Berks_Biker

Agreed Kwak that "Speed Dating" is a bit specific, but I couldn't come up with any better suggestion. :-(

As for organising one, at TVAM they organised a "Dating Run" on Sunday 29th Feb 2004. It was a mixture of Speed Dating and a Social run to a pub and back. Would have been quite fun, except for the overnight snow that put off most of the women (18m vs 5f). One of the 5f was an ex-g/f from about 3 months earlier, so we just chatted about what we thought about it!

Maybe BikerMatch could organise a similar get together and run?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Suicide Frogs mcc, (Burton on Trent).   Custom Show, Saturday 1st Sept, at the Foresters Pub, Scropton, NR Tutbury. Staffs.   Stalls, Tatooist, Beer, pub food, 100 camping spaces for sat night, Rock disco, live band.   Trophies + cash prize for best bike in show, to pre-book your bike in show, booking form available on website or phone Deano 01283 533363, www.suicidefrogsmcc.co.uk   Admission to show is FREE, Camping is £3. All donations to Scropton Riding School for the Disabled.   Hope to see you there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Please put this in the events section, not the forums. Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Berks_Biker, Matt mentioned speed dating yonks ago, so I wasn't having a dig at YOU, I wasn't having a dig at all,  I just wondered how many bikers would attend a speed dating event. Even if I wasn't dating I don't think I'd attend a speed dating event.   IMHO I think far too many men SPEED when it comes to dating, whatever happened to ROMANCE, taking things steady and woooing a woman? Yup, an old-fashioned concept but a good one.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Matt's Profile
Matt

what about the combined event suggested above then?  Like a ride-out combined with a pub/cafe event that's specifically for dating?  But this might exclude those who dont want to date from going on the event.  What say thee?                                                                                                                                                                             
Berks_Biker's Profile
Berks_Biker

Don't worry Kwak, I wasn't taking it personally. I fact I didn't even think it was directed at me. :-)

Like you, I prefer a more romantic approach, rather than "you've got 3 mins to make up your mind" approach.

Anyway, off to decide what to add to the Events section.
Berks_Biker's Profile
Berks_Biker

Matt, no, don't modify the categories to combine types. People should just add two items, and link them by name or description.

Ref my description of what TVAM did once was just as a way of making BikerMatch more interesting, rather than a suggestion to change anything.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 575 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption