Shepway Airshow/Folkestone

11 Posts | Latest reply on 05/06/2012 14:45:30 by rossoandy21 | Go to original / last post
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

oh wow!! just found out this great FREE airshow is back for the jubilee.
It takes place over the Leas at Folkestone which means you are on the cliff above the beaches, the planes fly in over the sea at eye level as they approach...unique.
The Red Arrows and the Battle of |Britain Memorial Flight are amongst those appearing for what promises to be a fantastic day. I am looking into camping within walking distance of the show and maybee there will be space available if we lucky.
I am going to post this now on the calender as it will be unmissable!
PM me if you interested in camping and I will do my best to sort the site or you can camp at mine!  Andy                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

ooops date is JUNE 2ndLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

ok Ive spoken to Little Switzerland campsite and currently there space there for us.
Being a bank holiday booking has to be for three nights...at £8 per head so will make camping £24.
Site has great cafe with home made food and a bar. The location is sinply stunnng with views over the channel to France. Showers and toilets functional not luxury as not been updated for some time, However they clean. The owners are great folk too. Not a huge site so will be pleasant as we will be in a grassed hollow amongst the trees...lstonesthrow from facilities.
About a mile walk into town along cliffs or even the beach. I recomend this place 100%.
So if anyone interested we need to pre book site within  next seven days to gtee place there.
If folk wanna make a weekend of it I can easily sort out other things for us all to do on the Saturday or Monday if you wish.
Andy an Sarah
PM me or add to thread.

rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/kent/littleswitzer...erland.htm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shepway-Airshow-2012/151...5861612551

http://www.airshows.org.uk/news/2010/01/airshows-of-the...l-airshow/

http://www.localrags.co.uk/index.php/News/2011/9/2/shep...olkestone/

xj's Profile
xj

In: London

bloody camping, it's only up the road. hopefully be up for the day tho.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

This event is now on the calendar, thanks Andy   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3276                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I don't think I can make this one Unhappy little sisters Birthday on the 4th and Jubilee celebrations on the 5th
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I hate this Censored working in the real world, i've got the jubilee day (my normal day off) but working the weekend before. But only two work mates are off on the rota on the saturday, if no one has booked the weekend off I'll see if I can get the the time of.                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

In: Ashford
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Come on folks, get your names down for this one.  Only a few days to go now!                                                                                                                                                                             
W.M.F.'s Profile
W.M.F.

In: Ashford
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

BUMP                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

What a Great Weekend despite the weather not a its best...
I had reserved a sheltered 'dell' at the campsite for BM members and disapointed no one else wanted to join in.....however there were other bikers on site and we made some new friends form Italy and Holland.
The Battle of Britain Flight and the Eurofighter displays were unforgetable. Folkestone was packed and the atmosphere great. 
We had a BBQ and a few drinks to end the day.
The site owner would have been very happy to see 50  BM members plus there and had set a discounted rate for us...shame u missed it!"                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 608 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption