St George's day

14 Posts | Latest reply on 10/04/2012 12:15:48 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

any event`s for St George`s day                                                                                                                                                                             
centurion's Profile
centurion

In: Catterick Garris

are we still allowed to cellebrate St George's without fear of offending some feckwit?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Do we care if we upset some feckwit?? Cos I don't!!!! Its the 23rd which is a Monday?                                                                                                                                                                             
GreyGra's Profile
GreyGra

In: Durham

I don't know of any events to celebrate St Georges day. Seems like a missed opportunity, we all do St Patricks but our English patron doesnt get a look in.

G                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

CHeck events 20th april,  its cumbria never been to that one but would`nt stop me  but it clashes with skeggy  ,nice people there  so get up there guys.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

quite like upsetting feckwits...a few pubs nearby are celebrating including one doing a hog roast..pig not harley..but its 14 miles away..too far to walk dont drink on the bike..Cumbria might be interesting                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Nottingham are celebrating from Saturday 21st April til Monday 23rd.   St George's day is the 23rd April, the day that he died.   http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=5154   This may interest some of you http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting-poll/     Birmingham's events http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/st-george                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

cheers sandy for info couldnt have done better mysel  ,honest, lol . pm CARRIE  for info  in cumbria  if she`s still online guys .                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

make that,  carrie 203        . ok                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bridge Inn in Hudds are doing  ST Georges day evening/night                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm doing the Bum in the Mud that weekend and have the Monday off work, I will be looking for somewhere local to me to have a few jars Beer If anyone knows of anything happening in the Norwich area give me a shout Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thanks Sandi.....can get a train to Nottingham...I`m a camra member and Nottingham has loads of pubs that give a big discount to members..and they are biker friendly                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

There's a St Georges bike blessing going on on the 15th April.  It runs from the lighthouse centre, Coronet way, in Eccles Manchester and goes to the little village of Dunham Massey to St Marks church there.
This is the link to the homepage
http://www.bikeblessing.co.uk/.

I've done this about 3 times now.  It used to leave from Manchester Harley Davidson in Stockport.  Did'nt do it last year from Eccles though.  You get to ride with loads of bikes, most flying the "Cross of St George".  "Up yours Feckwits". (sorry)

There's usually a couple of bands on, on the back of a lorry trailer in the village hall car park.  It's a good event. You don't get preached to, or at and many end up in the Pub
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Y W Steve and M D (no Y it's just i) and thanks Alan for info re: The Bridge Inn, I didn't see anything mentioned, when I googled St George's Day, for Huddersfield.   Here's a clickable link Clarkee   http://www.bikeblessing.co.uk/                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 1029 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption