Mobile mechanic

110 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2009 13:32:51 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

As Ex comments, a good technician with a laptop could probably diagnose your problem in minutes Approve Its something I've considered "investing" in the software but with my current "hardware" troubles I have put it on the back burner If it costs more than £25 to £30 its a rip off in my opinion, considering that the operator is likely to make money retifying the fault Shocked Maybe I'm just too reasonable Question   Em Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

In: manchester/south
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thanks for that guys, when i said i missed the lights i meant the traffic lights, I have rang vendor 8 times he just says it was alright when it left him! I don't know how I stand as I paid him cash do I have any come back? I have no confidence to ride it now so I am feeling a bit pissed off, any advice guys? 
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

Thanks for that guys, when i said i missed the lights i meant the traffic lights, I have rang vendor 8 times he just says it was alright when it left him! I don't know how I stand as I paid him cash do I have any come back? I have no confidence to ride it now so I am feeling a bit pissed off, any advice guys? 
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

peter if you bought it from a shop you have all the rigts anyone would have under the sale of goods act. if the bike isn't fit for purpose the should sort it.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Unfortunately caveat emptor !
I suggest dion some research (local) for diagnostic services Thumbs Up and get a few quotes Approve
If the bike was a bargain then you should consider whether its worth another £50 or so Question
If not then it weren't such a bargain Confused
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings Unhappy
All the best
Keep us posted
Maybe someone else has an idea of what it might be Question
Em Cool

Peter69's Profile
Peter69

Well I paid  double the book price because it looks the bollocks and I just had to have it, I want to send it back but I want it! so i will go your route Em and try and find a diagnstic guy so far I have found no one in Manchester! the Superbike Suzuki dealer doesn't even service bikes......pretty poor show really
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

There's a Suzuki dealer in Hyde that service bikes.   They're called Road and Racing - maybe try them?                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

I have seen an ad somewhere for a "mobile auto-electrician" !
Try a search Thumbs Up
Em Cool

Peter69's Profile
Peter69

Update, after many phone calls 18 in total the dealer has agreed to get the bike fixed for me, lets hope persistance pays off, thanks for your help guys and gals.                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Hope it all works out ok Peter Thumbs Up after all, it is the dealers responsibility BY LAW Approve Let us know the outcome, and we might see you on it this yearSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

IT'S very decent of you not mentioning the dealers name P ,cos word of mouth advertising could have cost him sales ...but alls well that ends well,as EM says good luck , the BUSA is a top notch bike!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Hi EM, please check your email , i've another request for assistance...cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

caveat emptor does not apply to shops. No matter how they try to wriggle out of it. It only applies to private transactions and even then there can be legal comebacks.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

When Peter first posted his question about the Busa he did not mention that it was bought from a dealer!!
If he had I would have advised straight away to take it back to the dealer as the law says your contract is with the vendor and goods must be "fit for purpose" or "of merchantable quality" 
Private sales do create different legal parameters, depending on how the goods are advertised, ie; "sold as seen" or "spare parts only"
Then it really is caveat emptor Stern Smile

Em Cool

ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

As I stated before...It has little or no standing; why? Because The law has come around to bias Caveat Venditor or "seller beware" To make sure they describe and supply goods fit for the job, however there are certain professions that are exempt. Jewelers are one because they cannot in any reasonable way properly define "fit for purpose".........I thought a diamond ring had to drop knickers at 50 paces meself!LOL I know a couple of bike dealers that would struggle!....One of them a very large shop in the Midlands. A lot of magazines inc MCN use him for test bikes as well, he is currently to date pending 13 claims of fraud and serious neglect. People like that don't deserve to be in business.   Caveat emptor is still a sound practice to follow though, whatever the goods. Personally I blame the Yanks. (universal get out)                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Unfortunately, where the law is concerned there is usually only one sure winner !!   THE LAWYER Disapprove Yep the yanks have a lot to answer for GH but we taught them how to use the law Ermm so we are culpable too Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

Don't mention lawyers lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

Yes emzed it was from a large dealer in bikes I thought it best to keep his name out of it while there was a chance he could make amends, he has taken bike back hopefully all will be well on its return..........re solicitors........it is an anagram for clitoris !!!
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

well put Peter!                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

LOL   Clap     Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9551 seconds. There are 710 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption